Texas

Anyone want to buy my two tickets to see Khruangbin in Houston at the White Oak lawn on November 2? I got tickets but just realized it conflicts with a dinner I have to be at in Dallas for work. Lemme know!

Anybody that's been to Austin's Waterloo knows it's a treasure.
Sadly, their property was sold to another owner and the owners of Waterloo are unsure if the new owners will renew their lease.
This sucks entirely, and worst case scenario, they'll have to move somewhere else.

Anybody that's been to Austin's Waterloo knows it's a treasure.
Sadly, their property was sold to another owner and the owners of Waterloo are unsure if the new owners will renew their lease.
This sucks entirely, and worst case scenario, they'll have to move somewhere else.
That's assuming they want to move. Moving records in bulk is very expensive. One of our better shops in Dallas recently moved to a new location. Before moving they had some blowout moving sales. The end result is new store in a new location... with about 70% less inventory.

Hopefully they can strike a deal with the new owners!

Dallas: Josey Records and Good Records are both pretty nice, I prefer Josey. Bill's Records is an interesting place in total disarray but sort of a Dallas landmark and Bill is a local legend.
Fort Worth: Doc's Records & Vintage (probably my favorite in the metroplex, large diverse selection at decent prices), I've heard good things about Panther City Vinyl but haven't been myself, Forever Young Records (actually in Grand Prairie) huuuge store with all formats at astronomical prices. It's a cool place to visit and has some rare stuff but it's expensive.

Spinster Records in Bishop Arts is pretty nice.

Does Bill still not label anything with a price? Back in the day, my brother cracked the code of Bill's pricing structure which was either dress down so he didn't think you had money or ask him what his price was and then say "didn't you say it was X (cheaper price) when I was here before". Usually Bill would go "oh, yeah sure".

Any recommendations on record stores in the Dallas FW Area?
New in town or just visiting?

Dallas: Josey Records and Good Records are both pretty nice, I prefer Josey. Bill's Records is an interesting place in total disarray but sort of a Dallas landmark and Bill is a local legend.
Fort Worth: Doc's Records & Vintage (probably my favorite in the metroplex, large diverse selection at decent prices), I've heard good things about Panther City Vinyl but haven't been myself, Forever Young Records (actually in Grand Prairie) huuuge store with all formats at astronomical prices. It's a cool place to visit and has some rare stuff but it's expensive.
I agree about Josey and Good. Those are my top two most frequented, but Josey is a pretty strong number one for me. Sometimes I'll spend a couple hours in those crates. Love the size, layout, staff and the number of casual events they do. I rarely go to the events, but I do think that helps them in all the right ways. I also like the Josey had loads of CDs (because I still get those sometimes too). Also enjoy the actual collectors area being separated out, but always well stocked and changing.

Good is still great, but I pretty heavily preferred their old location on Greenville. The new place is closer, but I just find myself wanting to go less now. I got to Spinster when we're in that area, but we don't go out of the way to go down there. But I'd recommend it if you're down there. Plus there are other little bars and shops in that area, so it's easier to go as part of a whole day outing.

The only place I've been in FW is Panther City Vinyl and one other place that was more of a audio/vintage pawn shop with a decent number of records. Panther City was a nice change of pace. Panther City is pretty cool. Not a big shop, but plenty big enough to keep you busy for a few hours, nice staff when we've been. I've attempted to go to Bill's a handful of times, and he's always closed when I've tried. If you're just visiting town, I'd say call ahead if you're venturing down to Bill's.

There is a place called ZT Records up in Frisco. It's confusing because it's inside of a big bizzar type of building with other little shops. Decent selection, and I'm glad that area has a decent record shop. However, after going up there I wouldn't go out of my way to up there again. But it was a bit of a hike for me too.

I haven't heard Forever Young yet! I'll have to check that out when I have an open weekend again at some point.

I agree about Josey and Good. Those are my top two most frequented, but Josey is a pretty strong number one for me. Sometimes I'll spend a couple hours in those crates. Love the size, layout, staff and the number of casual events they do. I rarely go to the events, but I do think that helps them in all the right ways. I also like the Josey had loads of CDs (because I still get those sometimes too). Also enjoy the actual collectors area being separated out, but always well stocked and changing.

Good is still great, but I pretty heavily preferred their old location on Greenville. The new place is closer, but I just find myself wanting to go less now. I got to Spinster when we're in that area, but we don't go out of the way to go down there. But I'd recommend it if you're down there. Plus there are other little bars and shops in that area, so it's easier to go as part of a whole day outing.

The only place I've been in FW is Panther City Vinyl and one other place that was more of a audio/vintage pawn shop with a decent number of records. Panther City was a nice change of pace. Panther City is pretty cool. Not a big shop, but plenty big enough to keep you busy for a few hours, nice staff when we've been. I've attempted to go to Bill's a handful of times, and he's always closed when I've tried. If you're just visiting town, I'd say call ahead if you're venturing down to Bill's.

There is a place called ZT Records up in Frisco. It's confusing because it's inside of a big bizzar type of building with other little shops. Decent selection, and I'm glad that area has a decent record shop. However, after going up there I wouldn't go out of my way to up there again. But it was a bit of a hike for me too.

I haven't heard Forever Young yet! I'll have to check that out when I have an open weekend again at some point.

Just visiting, thanks for all the comments

is Good the spot next to Lounge Here? there's a shop I see whenever I'm in town I wanna check out, but I'm always near after hours

is Good the spot next to Lounge Here? there's a shop I see whenever I'm in town I wanna check out, but I'm always near after hours
Yup! There is another little shop in the same strip. Mostly vintage pressings, but I believe there is some high value Stuff in there. I can't remember the name of that one

Been checking this thread and got some pretty good ideas about where to go while I am in town, however I didn't see any recommendations about where to go if I am looking for more international records? I'll be in Dallas/Plano for a week and am looking to do some digging.
I think the bigger the shop, the more likely to have international. I don't know of any shops that specialize in international.

Back