Television

Started watching The Peripheral last night. I have been a huge William Gibson fan since reading his stories in old Omni magazines back in the 80s. I was primed for it to be disappointing. Yup it was disappointing, but will carry on watching.

Ditto on all that, except I've held off watching it yet. Planning on it for tonight. I just need it to keep the wife's attention enough so she doesn't complain the whole time and make it worse 😂
Watched the first episode, but haven't read any of the literature behind the series and I thought it was a good time. I will watch the next installment for sure. I am intrigued to see where this goes.

House of the Dragon was very good and I'm sad that I have to wait until 2024 for the next season.

Watched the first episode, but haven't read any of the literature behind the series and I thought it was a good time. I will watch the next installment for sure. I am intrigued to see where this goes.
The show isn't bad, but with such excellent source material and several hours it seems a bit of a wasted opportunity. Plus one of the Gibson's strengths is strong female characters but the show looks like it is falling towards the manic pixie gamer girl who is "pre-destined" for greatness trope.

The show isn't bad, but with such excellent source material and several hours it seems a bit of a wasted opportunity. Plus one of the Gibson's strengths is strong female characters but the show looks like it is falling towards the manic pixie gamer girl who is "pre-destined" for greatness trope.
I am going to have to pick up the book now.
I'm loving The Resort, I'm 5 episodes in and it's suddenly got really weird,
Oh the Resort is a fun time. I have heard from this board that we will get a second season too.

If there's anything I have nothing but praise for it's the cast. Absolute God tier set of performers.

Considine, D'arcy, Smith, Cooke, Alcock, Best, Ifans, Carey.. all phenomenal.
Having not read the book, I initially wasn’t really a fan of any of the characters or actors. I was just starting to get used to Alcock and then they time-jumped. Paddy Considine really grew on me over the course of the season and was a great fit for the character. Matt Smith just annoys me generally but I guess that’s also appropriate for his character. I’d seen Olivia Cooke in 5 seasons of Bates Motel (and nothing else), so it took a while to believe that she wasn’t Norman Bates’s high school bestie. I feel like overall the story is building tension in a really satisfying way, but I’m not really rooting for anyone as much as I was for Lord Varys.

This is going to be an absolute fucking disaster. Henry Cavill is a perfect Geralt…. Wtf

Cavill was a really good Geralt, but I was always in camp "This show is trash". I watched it, because I support fantasy in media, but I didn't think it was any good. I think they should just cancel at this point. No one is going to put up with a cast change of this magnitude, it will fail, they need to cut their losses.

Wife and I finally watched the What We Do in the Shadows movie last weekend so we resubbed to Hulu and started watching the show. I love Matt Berry so much.

Because I have Hulu again I was finally able to binge Shoresy. It's ridiculous how good that Letterkenny spin off is. It gave me the same feelings as watching a Sports anime only way funnier and more culturally nostalgic for me. (Having Newfoundland representation is unreal).

And lastly I binged all of Season 2 of Reservation Dogs. What a fantastic show. I was in tears by the end. I don't know if they're going to make more, as much as I want to see more, but I think they left it at a really great place. Willie Jack and Cheese are the best.

Wife and I finally watched the What We Do in the Shadows movie last weekend so we resubbed to Hulu and started watching the show. I love Matt Berry so much.

Because I have Hulu again I was finally able to binge Shoresy. It's ridiculous how good that Letterkenny spin off is. It gave me the same feelings as watching a Sports anime only way funnier and more culturally nostalgic for me. (Having Newfoundland representation is unreal).

And lastly I binged all of Season 2 of Reservation Dogs. What a fantastic show. I was in tears by the end. I don't know if they're going to make more, as much as I want to see more, but I think they left it at a really great place. Willie Jack and Cheese are the best.
Shoresy’s unbelievable!

The running joke of him saying "huh?" halfway into someone else's reply to his question is so great.
I saw Shoresy at a grocery store in Sudbury yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Nestle Drumsticks in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the sticks and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each stick and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I saw Shoresy at a grocery store in Sudbury yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Nestle Drumsticks in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the sticks and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each stick and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Funny, I saw Flying Lotus do almost this exact same thing in a grocery store. but he was buying Milky Ways.

Back