Television

Do you hear those mids?
952612.jpg

Anyone watch The Sympathizer on HBO? Thoughts?
Not yet. There is a lotta interesting stuff that I am working through. I haven’t even started Ripley or Sugar yet either. I have to finish up Shogun, Manhunt, and Fallout before I start something else.

I wanna watch the new FX on Hulu detective show staring Lily Gladstone, Under The Bridge too.

Not yet. There is a lotta interesting stuff that I am working through. I haven’t even started Ripley or Sugar yet either. I have to finish up Shogun, Manhunt, and Fallout before I start something else.

I wanna watch the new FX on Hulu detective show staring Lily Gladstone, Under The Bridge too.
Speaking of Shogun....I was convinced John and Mariko were the Jim and Pam of feudal Japan and then....

Great show!

Manhunt is what I'm going through right now. Just waiting on the last episode to come out. That Menzies guy is making quite the name for himself, with great turns in both Masters of the Air and this.

EDIT: Well, shit, I guess he's NOT making a name for himself if I mix-up the names I'm reading off the credits. I meant to refer to Anthony Boyle. LOL!

Last edited:
Manhunt is what I'm going through right now. Just waiting on the last episode to come out. That Menzies guy is making quite the name for himself, with great turns in both Masters of the Air and this.

EDIT: Well, shit, I guess he's NOT making a name for himself if I mix-up the names I'm reading off the credits. I meant to refer to Anthony Boyle. LOL!
Yeah, Menzie is portraying the secretary of War, Stanton. I was trying to figure out what I had seen him in before and it finally clicked, dude played Brutus in HBO’s Rome.

My late-night-before-bed show has been Brooklyn 99. I have ignored it this show until now. I'm almost done with season one and the balance of laughs and eye rolls is leaning slightly towards laughs. Great cast, so that definitely helps it along.
it's so good. It handles being a cop show so well with how anti-cop a lot of everything is nowadays. I'm not stating a POV myself on the matter, but it was nice to see it stay a silly, funny show and not get too politicized. TV should be escapism most of the time and it does that well considering the subject matter.

Spoiler for Drag Race season 16

I’m not mad that Nymphia won, she is an incredible queen. But I am absolutely DEAVSTED that Sapphira lost! She represented Philly so well and she was such a class act that I thought she had it in the bag! Really hope she wins all stars when she comes back eventually

Spoiler for Drag Race season 16

I’m not mad that Nymphia won, she is an incredible queen. But I am absolutely DEAVSTED that Sapphira lost! She represented Philly so well and she was such a class act that I thought she had it in the bag! Really hope she wins all stars when she comes back eventually
Thanks for the spoiler alert. I will reply in earnest after we watch the finale.

My late-night-before-bed show has been Brooklyn 99. I have ignored it this show until now. I'm almost done with season one and the balance of laughs and eye rolls is leaning slightly towards laughs. Great cast, so that definitely helps it along.

I watched it as it aired and now I’m rewatching it again for the first time. I remember Andre/Holt eventually becoming my favorite character but on this rewatch I see that brilliance from the very start.

The show finds the perfect balance between making me smile/laugh and being actually touching. Many shows try and fail to find that balance but b99 nails it (as does pretty much everything Michael Schur touches)

Back