Television

The ending of Barry was simultaneously the darkest and silliest dang thing ever.
Barry was consistently one of the biggest tv surprises I've ever come across, in terms of where it started, where it ended, and how rock solid and confident it was through it's four season run. I still maintain that the karate dad and crazed animal child episode is one of the funniest half hours of tv I've ever seen. I could watch that episode 100 times and still cry laughing at it.

the Barry finale felt very Breaking Bad-esque. Barry coming back from hiding to finish what he was running from.

Also I need there to be a Barry and Sally spin-off called “8 Years” that chronicles what they went through moving to different places being on the run, having a kid. There’s so much to tell there.

If you're referring to Ted Lasso, it should be interesting to see if it actually ends or not. Apple only has it listed as a season finale and none of the cast will confirm that this is the final season.

I noticed that. I’d be very surprised if there’s another season.

Still in shock that there are no more Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Barry, or Succession to watch anymore.

Can't think of another instance when this many of my favorite shows all ended at once.
Barry was so excellent, I'll miss that maybe even more than Succession. In fact, I didn't think Barry needed that final season until I watched it, and I was enthralled. That reminds me, I need to catch up on Mrs Maisel.

Still in shock that there are no more Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Barry, or Succession to watch anymore.

Can't think of another instance when this many of my favorite shows all ended at once.
Apparently the finale of Ted Lasso was solid as well, suppose I'll go back and finish the rest of the season. Yellowjackets just ended its season too. Pretty abrupt close on this chapter of tv. With ghe writer's strike, seems like a good time to go bsck snd watch something old and complete that you missed.

Apparently the finale of Ted Lasso was solid as well, suppose I'll go back and finish the rest of the season. Yellowjackets just ended its season too. Pretty abrupt close on this chapter of tv. With ghe writer's strike, seems like a good time to go bsck snd watch something old and complete that you missed.
Oh shoot I forgot Ted ended today too, UGHHHHH

I thought the Ted Lasso finale was great, and could serve as a series finale but they also set up a few spin-offs if they decide to go any further

And some minor spoilers...

The photo on the wall of Geronimo (?) that Mae straightens in the pub is the same one that Sam Malone straightens in the final episode of Cheers (and George Wendt is Jason Sudeikis' uncle)

The last couple of songs are "Father and Son" followed by "Fight Test" by The Flaming Lips. "Fight Test" famously sounded so much like "Father and Son" that Cat Stevens sued and he now receives 75% of the royalties for that song.

Looking forward to watching Ted Lasso tonight. While this season has been up and down, I still enjoyed it. I will always give the show huge props for helping me get through some of the darkest parts of 2020.

I really wonder if the show would have been such a success without COVID. Starting in August 2020 and being trapped in doors, anything funny and positive was latched on to with both hands.

Looking forward to watching Ted Lasso tonight. While this season has been up and down, I still enjoyed it. I will always give the show huge props for helping me get through some of the darkest parts of 2020.

I really wonder if the show would have been such a success without COVID. Starting in August 2020 and being trapped in doors, anything funny and positive was latched on to with both hands.
I absolutely think there is something to this. It really did come along at the perfect time.

Back