Television

I watched the first few episodes of the Night Court reboot. It’s not a complete waste, Melissa Rauch and especially John Larroquette seem like they are having a good time. It’s not ground-breaking and obviously it has nothing on the original but I am will to give it a shot and see if maybe the show can figure out some other f it’s weaker parts.

Now I gotta give That 90s Show a shot.
A fun Night Court Fact: After winning 4 consecutive Best Supporting Actor Emmy's for his portrayal of Womanizing DA Dan Fielding, John Larroquette would remove himself from consideration for the role moving forward.

Just watched the first ep of Liaison. Apple TV is keeping their streak going with spending lots of money on actors and locations and forgetting to hire anyone who can write.

About half way through my wife turned to me and said "Eva Green is just not believable as a human being"
Oh I can't wait to start this! Currently watching Eugene Levy's Reluctant Traveller which is a kick.

I watched the second episode. It wasn’t amazing, but it was significantly better with a set storyline. I might stick with it idk
I can't remember the pilot at all, but we did enjoy the series as a whole. It went downhill when America Ferrara left (and she wasn't even my fave character) but it was silly, stupid and mindless.

Seeing Steve Martin act while Martin Short just does his thing, is delightful. I used to think Short was obnoxious but recently someone was talking about what a genius he was as Jiminy Glick, which I thought was insufferable back in the day. But I went back and watched some clips and they're actually hysterical. I guess back then I didn't get that he was basically doing proto-Between Two Ferns. Anyway, suddenly I have a giant soft spot for him that I didn't have in the past.
Martin Short was my fave in season 2. He's truly a comic genius. Love Only Murders so much and really want to go see Steve's & Martin's show. They're in Red Bank, NJ in Oct, but man, those tix are $$$$$. Hoping that some will be unloaded closer to show date for an affordable price, and might even consider traveling south because it would prob be less expensive including gas, hotel and show tix.

Martin Short was my fave in season 2. He's truly a comic genius. Love Only Murders so much and really want to go see Steve's & Martin's show. They're in Red Bank, NJ in Oct, but man, those tix are $$$$$. Hoping that some will be unloaded closer to show date for an affordable price, and might even consider traveling south because it would prob be less expensive including gas, hotel and show tix.
Is their show called “Steve Martin Short” or “Martin & Martin”?

You know what I really don't need to help remind me that I'm getting older? Watching this show with my 15 year old and...

hearing the same music I used to play her when I would rock her to sleep as a baby being used on this show for incredibly bittersweet moments that will end in tragedy

Last edited:
I can't think of the last time I've seen a show where every episode is consistently as good as The Last of Us. I had no idea what to expect because I didn't play the game but every episode continues to impress.
Most of the Flanagan series on Netflix jump to mind. Midnight Mass especially, but either of the Hauntings both meet that high bar too.

I can't think of the last time I've seen a show where every episode is consistently as good as The Last of Us. I had no idea what to expect because I didn't play the game but every episode continues to impress.

Severence.

But glad your enjoying it. I had been looking forward to last night's epiosde the whole time and was VERY happy with it even if the internet seems luke warm on it.

Do wish it had shown them losing their mind together but otherwise thought it was perfect.

Still concerned that they only have two episodes to wrap everything though.

Last edited:
Back