Television

I've read seven or eight of his, so there plenty to choose from but I think Mother Night is next on my list. (War and Peace is currently taking up all my time.)

I can't remember if I've asked you already, but are you a Tom Robbins fan?
I am a huge Tom Robbins fan. I read a ton of his books in high school. I think my favorite was Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas but I have to give it up for Still Life With Woodpecker for the line, “…one can conclude that every redhead is either funny or dangerous.”

I am a huge Tom Robbins fan. I read a ton of his books in high school. I think my favorite was Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas but I have to give it up for Still Life With Woodpecker for the line, “…one can conclude that every redhead is either funny or dangerous.”

Chiming in with my love for Tom Robbins, love his imagery and metaphor use. Favourite is Jitterbug Perfume, followed closely by Still Life With Woodpecker and Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates.
My people!

Sorry to hijack this TV thread but here's my top 5 Robbins

Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates
Skinny Legs and All
Jitterbug Perfume
Still Life with Woodpecker
Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas

I saw that when I was trying to determine if there was another episode coming. Good news as it certainly wouldn't have been a good series finale!
Now fingers crossed that the Dude can stay healthy to finish it.

I just want a series where him and Lithgow travel around beating people up, swearing at each other all while dressed like they are going to their grand-daughters wedding

Last edited:
I need 22 episode seasons of this.

As much as I love all the high-quality shows that have 6-12 episodes per season, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the 20-something episode season with monster or case of the week episodes mixed in with a bigger arc. Or maybe I'm just still missing Fringe and Person of Interest a little.

As much as I love all the high-quality shows that have 6-12 episodes per season, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the 20-something episode season with monster or case of the week episodes mixed in with a bigger arc. Or maybe I'm just still missing Fringe and Person of Interest a little.
X-Files.

Am I the only one who didn't realize The Old Man had ended? Not the most satisfying finale. Enjoyed the season for sure though.
I loved the first 2 episodes, thought it lagged a bit in the middle but really enjoyed the final 2. I hope there's just one more season to tie things up, let's not drag it out.

I think only one, but the conversation where some of the details of the rape and murder are finally shared was disturbing and tough to listen to.
I think I'm an episode behind I just finished the prison riot episode
Will have to watch the next episode today!

Back