Television

The Rehearsal is everything I hoped it would be. I really don’t know how he thinks of all of this stuff. We watched episode 2 tonight and it’s crazy.
Genuinely think Nathan Fielder is a genius. If there ends up being a rounded arc to this show (which it seems like there will be) it'll be a slam dunk.

Now that I have free Hulu through my internet provider I have been watching The Bear. It's pretty great, but sometimes one episode is enough per night...so much yelling.

There are some pretty good docs on Hulu too. I watched the Kurt Vonnegut one and thought it was fantastic. Anyone else catch that?

I can recommend it for sure. The director (Robert Weide) had a great relationship with him, so it all felt natural and real. And it reminded me I have plenty of KV books I haven't read yet.
Like many folks Vonnegut is probably my favorite writer, his books are a breeze to read. I think I have 3 copies of Slaughterhouse 5 scatter about my home now. I have hardbound copies of Slaughterhouse, Cat’s Cradle, and Breakfast Of Champions. I would still love to add a decent hardcover of Mother Night at some point.

Now that I have free Hulu through my internet provider I have been watching The Bear. It's pretty great, but sometimes one episode is enough per night...so much yelling.

There are some pretty good docs on Hulu too. I watched the Kurt Vonnegut one and thought it was fantastic. Anyone else catch that?
I highly recommend Only Murders in the Building. S1 was really good but S2 might even be better.

Like many folks Vonnegut is probably my favorite writer, his books are a breeze to read. I think I have 3 copies of Slaughterhouse 5 scatter about my home now. I have hardbound copies of Slaughterhouse, Cat’s Cradle, and Breakfast Of Champions. I would still love to add a decent hardcover of Mother Night at some point.
I've read seven or eight of his, so there plenty to choose from but I think Mother Night is next on my list. (War and Peace is currently taking up all my time.)

I can't remember if I've asked you already, but are you a Tom Robbins fan?

I highly recommend Only Murders in the Building. S1 was really good but S2 might even be better.
On our last Hulu trial my wife and I watched Murders and really enjoyed it. Martin Short was brilliant. Good to hear S2 holds up, I'm sure we'll watch that.

I am not not a fan. I have never read any of of his books but I heard good things.
He's no Vonnegut but there is something there that reminds of him a bit. One of my favorite books of all time is
Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climates. I won't oversell, but if you ever are stumped for something fresh, give him a whirl.

I am not not a fan. I have never read any of of his books but I heard good things.
Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time, long time.

I adored Tom Robbins in my 20s. Whenever I think of writing a song, making music, etc. I try to remember what the main character (Amanda?) in Another Roadside Attraction said about art: basically, if there's something that doesn't exist in the world that you'd like to see, create it.

Back