Television

I’ve been watching nothing but Impractical Jokers for the last three weeks while caring for my newborn. I can’t stomach anything dark, gritty, morbid, or even sentimental because I’m like an exposed nerve ending right now and I’ll cry/have a panic attack at the slightest provocation (looking at you The Undoing and you too Toy Story 4). Meanwhile, my wife watches nothing but Grey’s Anatomy when she’s breast feeding and every single episode ends with 12 deaths and 17 soul-crushing Sophie’s Choice moments. Lol.

As I begin the 7th and second to last season of Impractical Jokers, I’m very open to suggestions of light/absurd/bingeable/non-plot reality or reality-ish shows I can half-watch while doing solo baby shifts. I’ve already seen all of Nathan for You, John Wilson, and Joe Pera and my wife and I have Married at First Sight and 90 Day Fiancé already locked down for our joint tv watching. Doesn’t have to be a “great” show, just light, enjoyable stuff with no secret life/death lessons (last ep of John Wilson would fail this requirement lol) or heavy plot (no chance for me to get lost in nuance with a tiny human taking my main attention).
I love Impractical Jokers! Have you seen the movie?

My wife and I just started watching the Flight ✈️ Attendant on HBO (HBO MAX in the U.S.) and we are both hooked! The mini-series is highly entertaining and brilliantly funny 😄 with plenty plot twists and a really good soundtrack. Kaley Cuoco, who plays the flight attendant who's life changes after one night, absolutely nails it! 👏👍👌

I’ve been watching nothing but Impractical Jokers for the last three weeks while caring for my newborn. I can’t stomach anything dark, gritty, morbid, or even sentimental because I’m like an exposed nerve ending right now and I’ll cry/have a panic attack at the slightest provocation (looking at you The Undoing and you too Toy Story 4). Meanwhile, my wife watches nothing but Grey’s Anatomy when she’s breast feeding and every single episode ends with 12 deaths and 17 soul-crushing Sophie’s Choice moments. Lol.

As I begin the 7th and second to last season of Impractical Jokers, I’m very open to suggestions of light/absurd/bingeable/non-plot reality or reality-ish shows I can half-watch while doing solo baby shifts. I’ve already seen all of Nathan for You, John Wilson, and Joe Pera and my wife and I have Married at First Sight and 90 Day Fiancé already locked down for our joint tv watching. Doesn’t have to be a “great” show, just light, enjoyable stuff with no secret life/death lessons (last ep of John Wilson would fail this requirement lol) or heavy plot (no chance for me to get lost in nuance with a tiny human taking my main attention).
Shark Tank. It’s a weird obsession of mine and something you can just throw on whenever and not pay much attention to. There are now 12 seasons of it.

Also another dumb one I watch: The Great Christmas Light Fight. Every episode has different families going absolutely fucking insane with Christmas directions in the hopes of winning a lame trophy and a lot of money.

Also for an actually good reality show, I would recommend Queer Eye. But there are a few eps in there that might make you cry (in a good way).

It's only the first three episdoes so far, and they'll do weekly episdoes for the rest of this season.
Ah well, maybe I will just rewatch last season then. TBH, it’s probably for the best. I usually burn through em too fast anyhow. The week to week release of the Mandolorian has keep me from binging and that seems like a good thing.

Just got an email, HBO Max is now available on ROKU so it’s now available on both Amazon Fire and ROKU for those that were holding out.
Easily the best streaming app imo.

The entire HBO catalog, studio Ghibli, tons of great classic and recent films, whole sections devoted to adult swim cartoons. It's wild.

Easily the best streaming app imo.

The entire HBO catalog, studio Ghibli, tons of great classic and recent films, whole sections devoted to adult swim cartoons. It's wild.
Yeah, and now that they are gonna start offering all of WB’s first run movies, the cost is reasonable. Cheaper than a MoviePass subscription.

Back