Tattoos & Tattooers: Share your ink!

There is an interesting photo project called re-inked by german photographer Phillipp Haas, showing people with and without their tattoos. it´s quite intresting how differnt people appear without their tattoos.

DISCLAIMER: NSFW. Some of the fotos are full body nude shots, so don´t click the link, if you don´t want to see that.

I think I posted this in the old forum but this is one of my favorite tattoos.

I just booked another appointment with him for this spring to get my chest done and I’m super excited about it.

So, my appointment with this artist was this past weekend. The artist is in OKC and my family had planned a spring break trip there with a Thunder game and the kids science museum, etc. With the outbreak we decided to cancel the family trip but I still headed to OKC to start my chest piece. Nothing says preparing for a global pandemic like voluntarily getting a large open wound. Anyway, I sat for almost 5 hours to get this started and the full color will come in May as long as we aren't all still on lockdown.

IMG_9339.jpg

@Benhawaii have you ever had a client or heard about anyone’s skin rejecting the ink ? I have a lot of skin issues and that’s what’s keeping me from getting one , is have a freak issue

I will say that not ink but lead , I jumped on a couch when I was 5 and a pencil stabbed me. I still have a lead mark on my arm. Maybe that’s good news ? Lol

bad news I’m allergic to the sun in extended periods of time.

any help is appreciated.

thats tough sir, there are so many skin types and conditions. factor in the many brands of ink and needles, etc that so many different artists use im not quite sure how to set your mind at ease. maybe a dermatologist consult would benefit you? ive tattooed over 10,000 people to date and of course ive had a few bad results - of not fault of my own. sometimes you have allergic reactions etc to certain colors (we see red as the usual suspect). that said,try and find a responsible artist that offers consults. good artists usually have a waiting list. you may want to invest in just getting a few test dots somewhere to see what happens. worst case scenario is its tiny and if you do have a reaction it can be removed easier, etc.

hope this helps.

@Benhawaii have you ever had a client or heard about anyone’s skin rejecting the ink ? I have a lot of skin issues and that’s what’s keeping me from getting one , is have a freak issue

I will say that not ink but lead , I jumped on a couch when I was 5 and a pencil stabbed me. I still have a lead mark on my arm. Maybe that’s good news ? Lol

bad news I’m allergic to the sun in extended periods of time.

any help is appreciated.

thats tough sir, there are so many skin types and conditions. factor in the many brands of ink and needles, etc that so many different artists use im not quite sure how to set your mind at ease. maybe a dermatologist consult would benefit you? ive tattooed over 10,000 people to date and of course ive had a few bad results - of not fault of my own. sometimes you have allergic reactions etc to certain colors (we see red as the usual suspect). that said,try and find a responsible artist that offers consults. good artists usually have a waiting list. you may want to invest in just getting a few test dots somewhere to see what happens. worst case scenario is its tiny and if you do have a reaction it can be removed easier, etc.

hope this helps.
Many thanks

So, my appointment with this artist was this past weekend. The artist is in OKC and my family had planned a spring break trip there with a Thunder game and the kids science museum, etc. With the outbreak we decided to cancel the family trip but I still headed to OKC to start my chest piece. Nothing says preparing for a global pandemic like voluntarily getting a large open wound. Anyway, I sat for almost 5 hours to get this started and the full color will come in May as long as we aren't all still on lockdown.

View attachment 36730
12+ months later and I got back to OKC to have my chest finished. All of the color and some black is fresh.

71D37503-0385-4D66-8BFD-B42DEBB79437.jpeg

Finished up this one recently and thought it was fitting for this thread. My client's lists of favorite bands for you all to decipher and geek on. Aloha!

View attachment 122372
Dude, you are just incredibly skilled. Phenomenal work. If I'm ever in your neck of the woods I'm definitely going to get in touch to get something done.

Back