Talking U2 with you too.

Need to take this with a grain of salt as it's from the Daily Mail, but I will have my fingers crossed that he shows up, and closes out the residency with 40. It just so happens that Saturday night's final show, is the 40th at Sphere.

Need to take this with a grain of salt as it's from the Daily Mail, but I will have my fingers crossed that he shows up, and closes out the residency with 40. It just so happens that Saturday night's final show, is the 40th at Sphere.

The replacement guy (I cannot for the life of me remember his name) was really good, but it would be so great if Larry played that 40th set. Really hoping for you!

Soooo.....?
Sooooo.... I cannot believe that I ever considered not going. I cannot believe that I didn't get out there sooner. I will be eternally grateful that all the pieces came together to allow us to be there for the final two shows, surrounded by friends I've made over the past three decades as a U2 fan.

Willie has outdone himself - the show was brilliant and beautiful. Sphere is a magnificent venue - the sound, the clarity and definition of the screens are beyond wildest imagination.

Bono's voice might not be what it once was, but he can still sing very well. A few rough patches, but not anything to even slightly diminish this amazing production. I finally saw So Cruel, the one song I'd never seen performed live from my all time fave album ever.

We had unobstructed 100 level for Friday - the seats were fantastic, my only complaint is that so many in the crowd were sitting throughout most of the show. OK, I'll also complain about the woman sitting in front of me who was more interested in filming selfie videos at the show than watching the show. I get it, those seats are $$$, a lot will be purchased by casual fans with lots of disposable income. I'm a spoiled die hard, love to be around other die hards at shows, but I still loved every moment. Larry being in the crowd and acknowledged by Bono was a beautiful moment.

On Sat night, we were in GA. I wanted no part of the queuing process, so we went in well after doors and ended up with plenty of space on Adam's side, in the company of so many friends who flew in from all over for the last show. We danced, sang, hugged and cried. The energy in that room was beyond palpable and then Bono announced a real encore (we all knew taht they HAD to do it, it was afterall, the 40th show of the residency). 40 started; we sang our hearts out, and kept it going for another 5 mins after it had ended. How long to sing this song? Good question, we just kept going and it was so emotional and dare I say, we sounded fucking fantastic!

Danny Lanois performing with them on One was great, we recorded a new version of Don't Dream it's Over with Neil Finn's vocals piped in. I cannot wait to see the pro shot video of this show - I'm sure most if not all shows were recorded, but I know that the last three were for the specific intent of release (I think AppleTv)

Bram seems like an amazing guy; his smiles were infectious. I never thought I'd enjoy seeing 3/4th of U2, but he proved me wrong.

As for my motion sickness, I loaded up on Dramamine and was fine throughout the show, though I did look down during EBTTRT. I looked up at the side walls of Sphere during parts and felt ok, but only for a few seconds at a time as I didn't want to push my luck.

I don't know how I'd fare from the center of the 200 or 300 level - IMAX is very difficult for me. I now wish I'd had the opportunity to see it from there, but I am grateful for my two shows. (Husband now is pushing to go back to see The Dead there)

I'm so thankful that the stars aligned and allowed us this once in a lifetime opportunity. U2 were my first ever favorite band, this just reinforced why.

1709666552640.jpeg

Sooooo.... I cannot believe that I ever considered not going. I cannot believe that I didn't get out there sooner. I will be eternally grateful that all the pieces came together to allow us to be there for the final two shows, surrounded by friends I've made over the past three decades as a U2 fan.

Willie has outdone himself - the show was brilliant and beautiful. Sphere is a magnificent venue - the sound, the clarity and definition of the screens are beyond wildest imagination.

Bono's voice might not be what it once was, but he can still sing very well. A few rough patches, but not anything to even slightly diminish this amazing production. I finally saw So Cruel, the one song I'd never seen performed live from my all time fave album ever.

We had unobstructed 100 level for Friday - the seats were fantastic, my only complaint is that so many in the crowd were sitting throughout most of the show. OK, I'll also complain about the woman sitting in front of me who was more interested in filming selfie videos at the show than watching the show. I get it, those seats are $$$, a lot will be purchased by casual fans with lots of disposable income. I'm a spoiled die hard, love to be around other die hards at shows, but I still loved every moment. Larry being in the crowd and acknowledged by Bono was a beautiful moment.

On Sat night, we were in GA. I wanted no part of the queuing process, so we went in well after doors and ended up with plenty of space on Adam's side, in the company of so many friends who flew in from all over for the last show. We danced, sang, hugged and cried. The energy in that room was beyond palpable and then Bono announced a real encore (we all knew taht they HAD to do it, it was afterall, the 40th show of the residency). 40 started; we sang our hearts out, and kept it going for another 5 mins after it had ended. How long to sing this song? Good question, we just kept going and it was so emotional and dare I say, we sounded fucking fantastic!

Danny Lanois performing with them on One was great, we recorded a new version of Don't Dream it's Over with Neil Finn's vocals piped in. I cannot wait to see the pro shot video of this show - I'm sure most if not all shows were recorded, but I know that the last three were for the specific intent of release (I think AppleTv)

Bram seems like an amazing guy; his smiles were infectious. I never thought I'd enjoy seeing 3/4th of U2, but he proved me wrong.

As for my motion sickness, I loaded up on Dramamine and was fine throughout the show, though I did look down during EBTTRT. I looked up at the side walls of Sphere during parts and felt ok, but only for a few seconds at a time as I didn't want to push my luck.

I don't know how I'd fare from the center of the 200 or 300 level - IMAX is very difficult for me. I now wish I'd had the opportunity to see it from there, but I am grateful for my two shows. (Husband now is pushing to go back to see The Dead there)

I'm so thankful that the stars aligned and allowed us this once in a lifetime opportunity. U2 were my first ever favorite band, this just reinforced why.

View attachment 196956
Awesome! I'm glad you got the experience! Even better that you were there for the 40 show.

Even Better Than the Real thing was definitely the most disorienting for me. Surprisingly the other part that bothered me slightly was when the screen turned solid blue at the start of Love In Blindness.

Awesome! I'm glad you got the experience! Even better that you were there for the 40 show.

Even Better Than the Real thing was definitely the most disorienting for me. Surprisingly the other part that bothered me slightly was when the screen turned solid blue at the start of Love In Blindness.
Disorienting might not be the correct word, but when it turned to "daytime" during / after Streets, my brain was so confused. I knew that it's really after midnight at home, 10pm ish in Vegas, yet I'm standing on the floor and it literally looks like daytime to me.

Also - as weak of a song that Atomic City is, the graphics during it are superb. I'm also very jaded about WOWY, have seen it too many times (first world probs), always hoping for the Shine Like Stars "verse" to make it tolerable, but getting swallowed up by those graphics was truly incredible.

Disorienting might not be the correct word, but when it turned to "daytime" during / after Streets, my brain was so confused. I knew that it's really after midnight at home, 10pm ish in Vegas, yet I'm standing on the floor and it literally looks like daytime to me.

Also - as weak of a song that Atomic City is, the graphics during it are superb. I'm also very jaded about WOWY, have seen it too many times (first world probs), always hoping for the Shine Like Stars "verse" to make it tolerable, but getting swallowed up by those graphics was truly incredible.
I definitely have a better appreciation for Atomic City after seeing it live.

Back