Talking U2 with you too.

Not digging this. Feels like they had to make a song for a high school/college graduation scene in a made-for-tv movie.

Not digging this. Feels like they had to make a song for a high school/college graduation scene in a made-for-tv movie.

This is some uninspired drivel. Like seriously, I could see the church I used to go to play this video during the transition from worship to the sermon. What happened to U2? They used to change it up every couple albums and stay not only relevant, but set the trends. Now it sounds like they’re trying to emulate Imagine Dragons. They need to stop putting music out.

EDIT: my wife, also a huge U2 fan, likes it. She said it’s not great, but better than anything on the last 2 albums. Point taken.

Last edited:
This is some uninspired drivel. Like seriously, I could see the church I used to go to play this video during the transition from worship to the sermon. What happened to U2? They used to change it up every couple albums and stay not only relevant, but set the trends. Now it sounds like they’re trying to emulate Imagine Dragons. They need to stop putting music out.

They need Lanois/Eno back. Perhaps post pandemic ?

I’m so disappointed in U2 with the last few albums I’m scared to listen to anything new..I feel like it could be the final straw in a long love affair..what happened to the band that knocked out banging first singles like New Years Day, Pride, With or Without You, Desire, The Fly , Discotheque, Beautiful Day, Vertigo ........

And then Boots ! That’s the start of a rapid decline

I’m so disappointed in U2 with the last few albums I’m scared to listen to anything new..I feel like it could be the final straw in a long love affair..what happened to the band that knocked out banging first singles like New Years Day, Pride, With or Without You, Desire, The Fly , Discotheque, Beautiful Day, Vertigo ........

I don’t like any U2 albums after Pop. I’m strictly a 20th-century U2 guy.

Get On Your Boots was a bad choice. The rest of that album has some really good stuff on it. If they made "Magnificent" or "Moment of Surrender" the lead single the conversation about that album would have been a lot different.

Even if this is the end we are lucky to have a great catalog (much of it remixed now by Edge I believe), a legacy thats over three times as long as the Beatles now, and with the pandemic hopefully breaking, still a great touring show if they choose to continue and the times allow. Most of all a band of human beings that are something we can model ourselves after in terms of kindness and love, and making a difference in the world.

Even if this is the end we are lucky to have a great catalog (much of it remixed now by Edge I believe), a legacy thats over three times as long as the Beatles now, and with the pandemic hopefully breaking, still a great touring show if they choose to continue and the times allow. Most of all a band of human beings that are something we can model ourselves after in terms of kindness and love, and making a difference in the world.

I’d defend U2 to the death right up until Boots ...such a great live act and Bono has used his position to do a lot of good ..which is never fashionable...for me the last great song was Moment of Surrender ..the last two albums are hard work ..echoes of glory ...

I’d defend U2 to the death right up until Boots ...such a great live act and Bono has used his position to do a lot of good ..which is never fashionable...for me the last great song was Moment of Surrender ..the last two albums are hard work ..echoes of glory ...
For me, they could do no wrong until Atomic Bomb. I consider that album the start of their decline. However, that misstep was rectified with No Line (yes, even Boots 😊). It’s far from a great album, but it does have some great songs that salvage the rest. It all went downhill with the next Innocence/Experience.

Back