Sutherland Club House

Thanks. I tried lowering loading, it didn’t change the sound. I put it back to 47K and lowered gain to 52 and now it sounds MUCH better! I’ll try at 40 per your suggestion. It was actually set at 64.
The difference between 40 dB and 64 dB is not linear; 64db is 15 times more voltage gain than 40 dB. That would cause distortion. 40dB gain is typical for high output moving magnet cartridges (~5 mV) and 64 dB is reserved for low output moving coil cartridges (<0.5 mV).

The difference between 40 dB and 64 dB is not linear; 64db is 15 times more voltage gain than 40 dB. That would cause distortion. 40dB gain is typical for high output moving magnet cartridges (~5 mV) and 64 dB is reserved for low output moving coil cartridges (<0.5 mV).
This, the Virtuoso V2 is high output, 4.0 mV. It should really shine at the 40 dB setting.

A lil' update on the phono: After being a bit underwhelmed the first couple days, I can say it has now picked up really nicely. Really good sounding records really shine and regular vinyl sound also better, there is a just more of everything, with better Chanel separation. I can't really pin point a specific aspect that improved, I think it's just as a whole the system sounds better.
It's not going back!

I'm still waiting my jacket though. Probably got lost in the mail.

I just received my open box/demo Insight from Music Direct and it is producing a buzz/humm with nothing playing and turntable not running when volume knob is turned up anything a little less than quarter volume. I moved it around - same result. I plugged my clearaudio nano v2 back in and dead quiet. Anyone have this issue or is mine defective?

I just received my open box/demo Insight from Music Direct and it is producing a buzz/humm with nothing playing and turntable not running when volume knob is turned up anything a little less than quarter volume. I moved it around - same result. I plugged my clearaudio nano v2 back in and dead quiet. Anyone have this issue or is mine defective?
Did you connect a ground wire from your turntable to the Insight?

MD will make it right.
I spoke to them and they agreed there was an issue with the unit. They do not have another open box, but agreed to reduce the price of a new Insight but i am a bit gun shy now about what i want to do. My 1st experience with the Insight was less than ideal.

I spoke to them and they agreed there was an issue with the unit. They do not have another open box, but agreed to reduce the price of a new Insight but i am a bit gun shy now about what i want to do. My 1st experience with the Insight was less than ideal.
Trust me, I understand your hesitancy, but I gotta be honest, I never hear issues popping up with the Insight at all. This really is an oddity, you can poll a lot of people on here and I would almost guarantee you'll find nothing but positive outcomes...........sometimes you just get unlucky ;)

Trust me, I understand your hesitancy, but I gotta be honest, I never hear issues popping up with the Insight at all. This really is an oddity, you can poll a lot of people on here and I would almost guarantee you'll find nothing but positive outcomes...........sometimes you just get unlucky ;)
I totally agree, i did a ton of research and everything pointed to Sutherland being the choice, i think that is why i am so disappointed. This is my setup: PrimaLuna Prolgue premium integrated amp, marantz tt-15 with a clearaudio charisma cart and Klipsch Forte IV’s. Do you think there is any chance the insight is not compatible with my setup?

I totally agree, i did a ton of research and everything pointed to Sutherland being the choice, i think that is why i am so disappointed. This is my setup: PrimaLuna Prolgue premium integrated amp, marantz tt-15 with a clearaudio charisma cart and Klipsch Forte IV’s. Do you think there is any chance the insight is not compatible with my setup?
Not at all, I had my Insight on my PL for the longest time before moving it over to my second rig when I got the Manley..............but I never considered getting rid of it ;)

Back