Sutherland Club House

Yep. I didn’t really have any time to mess around with it last night. The way I have my components arranged makes it really difficult to mess around with it, so I need to pull it out and set it up in another room.

So I tried using the standard power supplies and different interconnects with the 20/20 and no change on the performance of the left channel (or lack thereof). I get the tiniest bit of sound out of it, and tweaking the gain does affect the amount of output, but nowhere near listening levels.

So I tried using the standard power supplies and different interconnects with the 20/20 and no change on the performance of the left channel (or lack thereof). I get the tiniest bit of sound out of it, and tweaking the gain does affect the amount of output, but nowhere near listening levels.
I might have missed it, but did you check the speakers? swap the left and right to see if the problem follows? Again, I'm sure it was brought up.

There is a KC Vibe Mark 2 with a smaller footprint, extra power supply filtering and some circuit improvements.

Last edited:
There's an Insight just come up from Music Room for approx £650.
Does anyone know what shipping would be to the UK?

Also bear in mind VAT + Customs % + Royal Mail/other provider processing fee is going to add a sizeable chunk to that. I’d also check first with Sutherland about whether the units are universal voltage or if US models are made for their 120V system and a separate European model is made for our 220V/240V electrical systems.

Also bear in mind VAT + Customs % + Royal Mail/other provider processing fee is going to add a sizeable chunk to that. I’d also check first with Sutherland about whether the units are universal voltage or if US models are made for their 120V system and a separate European model is made for our 220V/240V electrical systems.
Bugger. Didn't think of that at all!
Would we have to pat VAT? What's the custom these days? 20% or doesnit gonoff weight?
I guess with those added on it will push the cost up a good few extra pennies!
Knew it was too good to be true!

Bugger. Didn't think of that at all!
Would we have to pat VAT? What's the custom these days? 20% or doesnit gonoff weight?
I guess with those added on it will push the cost up a good few extra pennies!
Knew it was too good to be true!

Is VAT still 20% or did you get a COVID reduction too? I’ve not been able to get home since last Christmas with everything that’s been going off!

So it’ll be whatever the VAT % is of the item and postage costs. Then as the item is between £135 and £630 it will be customs duty of 2.5% on same total.

Then the handling fee is £8 for Royal Mail but some of the couriers can charge a decent amount more than that

Edit: It will still be likely cheaper than the only European seller I’ve found with them at €1100ish but I’d be most worried about a US model working on our electrical system. If it does and they’ll send it you’re likely on for a better deal than new from over here.

There's an Insight just come up from Music Room for approx £650.
Does anyone know what shipping would be to the UK?
All Sutherland units are universal voltage.

Is VAT still 20% or did you get a COVID reduction too? I’ve not been able to get home since last Christmas with everything that’s been going off!

So it’ll be whatever the VAT % is of the item and postage costs. Then as the item is between £135 and £630 it will be customs duty of 2.5% on same total.

Then the handling fee is £8 for Royal Mail but some of the couriers can charge a decent amount more than that

Edit: It will still be likely cheaper than the only European seller I’ve found with them at €1100ish but I’d be most worried about a US model working on our electrical system. If it does and they’ll send it you’re likely on for a better deal than new from over here.
Not sure if I'd have to pay vat on it?
Will have to investigate.
Sounds promising so far. Just need seller to get back to me.
Means the Moon amp will have to wait & persevering with the Cambridge for another 6 months or so.
Thanks for the advice!
Stay well, stay safe!😷

Not sure if I'd have to pay vat on it?
Will have to investigate.
Sounds promising so far. Just need seller to get back to me.
Means the Moon amp will have to wait & persevering with the Cambridge for another 6 months or so.
Thanks for the advice!
Stay well, stay safe!😷

You do if customs pick it up. That’s what those charges mostly are. It’s all detailed on the Royal Mail and HMRC websites. They will always charge VAT but customs duty itself is only payable over £135 value.

On the positive with COVID and the rise of parcel traffic I have noticed things slipping by customs unnoticed, I just wouldn’t bet on it and would budget to have to pay them with that size of a purchase! If they miss it, bonus!

Last edited:
Back