Stereolab - Warp Expanded Reissues

Crazyhorse11

Just received the Mars Audiac Quintet remastered expanded edition from Warp to fill a gap in my Stereolab collection. I have most the the 1972 pressings which the band have famously called out as 'Terrible'. To me the 1972 pressings sounded decent/ OK. Wondering if anyone else has experience comparing the two (1972 vs Warp editions) as I'm wondering if I should be replacing some of my 1972 copies with the new Warp editions.

Just received the Mars Audiac Quintet remastered expanded edition from Warp to fill a gap in my Stereolab collection. I have most the the 1972 pressings which the band have famously called out as 'Terrible'. To me the 1972 pressings sounded decent/ OK. Wondering if anyone else has experience comparing the two (1972 vs Warp editions) as I'm wondering if I should be replacing some of my 1972 copies with the new Warp editions.

I am in the same boat.
Purchased the 3xLP Warp reissue for Transient Noise-Bursts... and immediately noticed it sounded good, but I also thought that my 1972 reissues were decent.
Please advise.

I have the 1972s and everything from the new reissues.

I was under the impression that the 1972 releases were sourced from CD. I have not done a side by side yet, but I never had an issue with the 1972 releases before the new pressings.

On the plus side, the Warp reissues have bonus material that is not on the 1972s.

Did anyone get an obi signed by someone? My obi for Mars Audiac is signed by by who I think is Martin Pike, their manager.
I got two versions of each release.

1. The clear vinyl, no obi strip but does have the scratcher cards
2. The black vinyl with numbered strip of tape used during recording (quantity of 40 each), supposed to be signed by Martin, but stamped with the stamped with the picture used on the cover of Peng.

I got two versions of each release.

1. The clear vinyl, no obi strip but does have the scratcher cards
2. The black vinyl with numbered strip of tape used during recording (quantity of 40 each), supposed to be signed by Martin, but stamped with the stamped with the picture used on the cover of Peng.
Yeah I have to check mine again too but if I remember, both were stamped and both had the numbering out of 500 or whatever it was but only one of them was signed. Found it kind of odd but also cool! One of mine was 499/500 I think ha!

Back