STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

If you want to be angry and you havent seen it already, go look for the leaked Trevorrow script for IX which was originally titled DUEL OF THE FATES. It is infinitely better than JJ's script and actually makes the whole trilogy come together despite no plan and 3 different directors.

Pedro Pascal is just a voice actor
I mean, while this isn't the best take, it's not....wrong. He wasn't even on set for the entirety of season 1.

Now if it were me personally, I would never take the damn thing off, no matter how uncomfortable.

EDIT: Additionally with the appearance of action in the S3 trailer and having to definitely be on set for TLOU which was released at almost the same time, its not crazy to think he'll be in the suit less this season than S2.

Last edited:
Rise of Skywalker was awful of course but lets not kid ourselves and say any conceivable film could correct the first two. The moment the script for TFA was locked in shit was doomed.

Last edited:
The whole "they didn't have a plan for the sequel trilogy" thing strikes me as complete bunk, especially when you consider there was no plan between the OT films (Luke and Leia's parentage/relation being an obvious sign of this), and that A New Hope (or Saga of the Whills or whatever) would have been an interminable slog had it not been edited down to a single, consumable script.

I also think Last Jedi (the first movie in over a decade I saw twice on the big screen) gets a real bad rap for taking some of Force Awakens' JJ-style mystery boxes and smashing them in the garage with a hammer, but all those moves are "yes, and"'s which address immediate story concerns and leave narrative threads wide open for the next movie to explore; maybe it doesn't move the baton in the same direction as Force Awakens telegraphs, but it's still progressing forwards. I'm not a huge fan of Trevorrow, but I've read a synopsis of Duel of the Fates and at least it continues carrying the baton forward.

It's kinda ironic that the MCU introduced the idea of a film franchise which is planned out and cohesive, even though there are many, many examples of course corrections and in-the-moment rejiggering which illustrate the need to focus on and deliver a single, cohesive movie.

Stoked on finally getting the last 6 issues collected!

View attachment 169739

Nice!!!! This seems to be the whole series, which is fantastic. The 2 trades IDW put out are digest sized and smaller than the original comics (which I’m pretty sure Dark Horse doesn’t do), so having this glorious art in full size and in one collection will be great. Really fantastic series.

Marvel also announced an omnibus of the Season 1 series, complete with Trail of Shadows and Eye of the Storm, coming this fall! Excited for that one.

finally watched return of the jedi... it was alright.. the action scene with jaba was cool (the dance scene is fine as a shitpost), and ewoks are kinda fun as a quirky little group.. but also I was getting a bit distracted halfway through so I didn't really feel as gripped and engaged as everyone else

so overall I think the original trilogy is alright... i still am not the super fan a lot of others have become (maybe if I watched them when I was younger), and I'm not in a hurry to watch the prequels or the 5 other shows that are required viewing

tbh I only watched these ones because I'll be going to didney world in a month and I wanna be prepared to see star wars land

Nice!!!! This seems to be the whole series, which is fantastic. The 2 trades IDW put out are digest sized and smaller than the original comics (which I’m pretty sure Dark Horse doesn’t do), so having this glorious art in full size and in one collection will be great. Really fantastic series.

Marvel also announced an omnibus of the Season 1 series, complete with Trail of Shadows and Eye of the Storm, coming this fall! Excited for that one.

I actually just picked up the rest of the Marvel Phase 1 trades today because of a 25% off sale, so I'll likely skip the omnibus for those. Will probably keep to single trades for the Marvel stuff and collections for the Adventures stuff going through the next phases. I've read the Phase 2 stuff digitally so far, but look forward to the tactile experience too!

I'm disappointed they don't seem to be doing picture books for Phase 2 - My son and I really enjoyed the ones from Phase 1 (although he doesn't love The Battle for Starlight as much as the others because of the cliffhanger with Burryaga.)

So the empire are raging Nazi sociopaths? Don’t care about life or death? Why did they orbit Yavin? Why not blast it out of the way and then the moon?

So the empire are raging Nazi sociopaths? Don’t care about life or death? Why did they orbit Yavin? Why not blast it out of the way and then the moon?
Yavin is a gas giant. I don't know how effective the Death Star would be against a surface less planet, or how bad the chemical reaction that follows would be.

Glad it’s not just me ..I didn’t think Andor was quite the beast it was cracked up to be..slowed paced and too long imo ..and we didn’t even get to the jumping off point for Rogue one....much preferred Kenobi, Mando and Boba Fett tbh ...

This latest episode of Mando was a bit clumsily done...the old shit sandwich approach ..fast dogfighting space ships and shoot out ..then hit the breaks and ..slow back story of Dr Clone and hints at underground empire activity ...then a Mando Coda .....

Overall though it’s intriguing..where did those fighters come from, and whose bumping off people and why ....
"Andor takes place in 5 BBY, five years prior to the events of Rogue One and A New Hope. The first season will take place across a single year in the Star Wars timeline, while Season 2 will cover four years, so 4-1 BBY."

Mando spoiler from the last episode

I am really happy for Ahmed Best, especially after everything he went through. One thing you can't fault the Disney era on is giving redeeming performances to actors who were crapped on by the fanbase for the prequels. He and Hayden got a chance to shine.

Mando spoiler from the last episode

I am really happy for Ahmed Best, especially after everything he went through. One thing you can't fault the Disney era on is giving redeeming performances to actors who were crapped on by the fanbase for the prequels. He and Hayden got a chance to shine.

What’s the story with that actor?

Aww, hell yeah!

20230324_161901.jpg

I also got an email today that my paperback copy of Phase 2 novel Convergence is in - nearly 2 weeks early! I'll probably wait until Tuesday to pick that one up since I've got my work stop that's a block away again.

Now I just need to find the time to actually read all this shit!

Or, my wife will unexpectedly call me to come pick her up from work, which is  two blocks away, and I'll pick it up tonight. 😂

View attachment 170276
You're ahead of me at this point! My shitty chronic illness flareup has been dying down over this month and I've started reading regularly again but still haven't started Phase 2 (Fell down a big rabbithole of reading 70's Avengers comics...) Might just wait till the phase ends at this point and people work out a solid timeline and where stuff takes place and then marathon it all. From my cursory reading of the HR reddit page it still seems like things are falling into place.

Back