STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

i meant that he looked fine after healing Rey and then he just fucking keeled over and died. Also why did Ben and Rey kiss? My whole theater was shocked when that happened, and I don’t think in a good way
no one seemed surprised in my theater
The person behind me in the theater laughed and said, “called it!”

I mean come on what was the point of the shirtless force-sexting other than just to set something like that up?

For whatever reason the spoiler tag entered incorrectly when I made a couple of posts from my phone on Saturday, but one of them was basically: They've been face timing for months, sometimes not fully clothed. That's what happens.

Saw The Rise of Skywalker today with my kids (11 & 13). We all thought it was good (not great), provided you don't overthink the plot.

So Hurray! for a new Stars Wars movie.

For all the fan servicing in The Rise of Skywalker, why couldn't we have gotten two lines of dialogue explaining that Palpatine jumped his essence to a clone (a la the Dark Empire comics), instead of the nonexistent explanation we got.

Saw The Rise of Skywalker today with my kids (11 & 13). We all thought it was good (not great), provided you don't overthink the plot.

So Hurray! for a new Stars Wars movie.

For all the fan servicing in The Rise of Skywalker, why couldn't we have gotten two lines of dialogue explaining that Palpatine jumped his essence to a clone (a la the Dark Empire comics), instead of the nonexistent explanation we got.

You’re right, you can’t think about Star Wars plot ever though. Otherwise you can’t get through the first 10 minutes of Star Wars without saying, “please! Vader was face to face with Leia and didn’t know? Bullshit!”

"It makes less sense than that. Snoke said he linked Rey and Kylo’s mind grapes. Palpatine said he had no idea their link was so strong, but...if you were puppetmaster didn’t you umm...do that? I also don’t know why Snoke would be a clone puppet controlled from afar when that’s not what we know about clones throughout this universe. Was Boba Fett just a clone being controlled by Palpatine/Vader in the original series? Of course not!"]

Why doesn’t the spoiler tag apply properly on mobile? Who should I tag to try to fix it?

I am enjoying watching back through the new trilogy. I had forgotten so much in TFA and I'm enjoying it more this time than I thought I would. Is it perfect? Nope. But it still has enough fun and really cool moments to just make me feel nice. After I do this I will also be going back to the originals and doing a watch through cause it's been a long, long time. But, I think before that I'll finally watch Rogue One. Never saw it.

You’re right, you can’t think about Star Wars plot ever though. Otherwise you can’t get through the first 10 minutes of Star Wars without saying, “please! Vader was face to face with Leia and didn’t know? Bullshit!”

Very true, which is why I never got the appeal of the Plinkett crap picking the films apart. None of them make sense, nor does most of the mythology or serials they draw from. I’d tend to argue the perceived quality of the SW narratives has more to do with what make emotional sense to the viewer. Skywalker is bit mixed for me but other folks I know seem to totally hate it, or totally love it. My opinion and their opinions are unlikely to change after reading a Wookiepedia article, but I guess that some folks need that stuff.

I am enjoying watching back through the new trilogy. I had forgotten so much in TFA and I'm enjoying it more this time than I thought I would. Is it perfect? Nope. But it still has enough fun and really cool moments to just make me feel nice. After I do this I will also be going back to the originals and doing a watch through cause it's been a long, long time. But, I think before that I'll finally watch Rogue One. Never saw it.
I think Rogue one might the the best of ALL the Star Wars films (along with empire)

Smh.

I love you guys. I love nerds in general.

why do we feel the need to pick apart a kids film. That’s what it is. That’s what all nine movies and side movies and cartoons and tv shows and comic books and AlaN Dean Foster novels are.... kid’s shit.

I enjoyed it, just like I did the last eight: just like I enjoyed The Crystal Skulls Indy Jones movie. They’re fun.

All that being said, this is by far the worst edited one. It was hurky jerky at best. I bet whoever said there is a 3 hour cut above is right.

Smh.

why do we feel the need to pick apart a kids film. That’s what it is. That’s what all nine movies and side movies and cartoons and tv shows and comic books and AlaN Dean Foster novels are.... kid’s shit.

I enjoyed it, just like I did the last eight: just like I enjoyed The Crystal Skulls Indy Jones movie. They’re fun.

All that being said, this is by far the worst edited one. It was hurky jerky at best. I bet whoever said there is a 3 hour cut above is right.
Yep, my biggest issue with Rise of the.. is the editing ..it’s so badly done and the germs of a great movie are here .. a 3 hour directors cut may sort it out ... it needs it to do justice to that saga ..still can’t believe Disney sanctioned a trilogy with no concept of what would happen overall from the outset ...

.. winging it they were

Yep, my biggest issue with Rise of the.. is the editing ..it’s so badly done and the germs of a great movie are here .. a 3 hour directors cut may sort it out ... it needs it to do justice to that saga ..still can’t believe Disney sanctioned a trilogy with no concept of what would happen overall from the outset ...

.. winging it they were
I mean Disney rest on two franchises, Pixar and live action versions of their classic animated films. At this point they have no idea what they are doing anymore. Sequel, remake, yeah Marvel and Disney and Pixar you just keep printing us money. Thanks!

Smh.

I agree mostly. I just didn’t feel this one was as fun. But I’m open to my mind changing with another viewing. Speaking of editing though, it really does feel like there are things cut out and cut short. I do hope there’s a longer cut somewhere and that it gets released eventually.

Smh.

“kids films” can still be well made, as the Paddington movies have demonstrated. Just because they’re pulp doesn’t mean they’re beyond criticism.

“kids films” can still be well made, as the Paddington movies have demonstrated. Just because they’re pulp doesn’t mean they’re beyond criticism.
I’m not saying there shouldn’t be criticism. However the amount of time people spend dissecting these things is probably unhealthy. Especially when it leads to things like the bullying of Kelly Marie Tran. Fans can take this stuff way too serious.

I swear if any of you start nit picking Paddington.

You should be allowed to pick apart any film if you have problems or don't like certain aspects of it. When you start ruining it for others, thats when the problem starts.

Yeah, they're kid films yet every single bit of this new trilogy outside of The Last Jedi was aimed at touching that nostalgia bone of every "kid" who grew up watching them and turned into an adult in between the time since the originals came out.

To that regard, Rogue One was the best of the series because it tried to not be a total fan service movie. The fan service moments were held to a minimum and it told a portion of the story that I always wanted to see and frankly had very little to do with the Skywalker saga other than the Vader moments.

Last edited:
Back