Spin The Black Circle - The Pearl Jam Thread

Been in the Ten Club since 2003. I think this might be my last year. They are now a merchandising organization that moonlights as a band 10-15 times a year.

I appreciate their contribution to music and my youth/life but hate how they operation by transparent greed nowadays.

Been in the Ten Club since 2003. I think this might be my last year. They are now a merchandising organization that moonlights as a band 10-15 times a year.

I appreciate their contribution to music and my youth/life but hate how they operation by transparent greed nowadays.
Rumors are there's a new album and a "big" tour coming in 2024. But what does "big" really mean when compared to the monster world tour they're embarking on at the end of next month... oh, I mean the 9 show mini-tour.
I've been in 10c since 2003 and ever since they switched to a lottery for ticket allocation, I have NEVER won tix to my local NYC shows - none at MSG and none at Barclay's in Brooklyn. Every time I do win 10c tix, my husband wins the exact same shows. The only reason he entered this go around was because it is such a small tour, we thought it would be very difficult to win. Surprise, we have two pair to two shows, so need to unload some.

i'm sad we're all disillusioned with this band but also comforted that i'm not alone in how much they've rubbed me the wrong way the past few years. i've been an off and on again ten club member for years, and always struck out on Chicago tix through them (and did once again this year), so I think this is also the year I just let the membership go. Really, the only thing that's worth it is offsetting the cost of my nugs.net subscription with whatever discount they give to Ten Club members. I have a shelf full of Vaults I don't listen to and I think Yield might have been my last real "moment" with them.

<posted while wearing an old Ten Club shirt from when they'd send them to you for free>

i'm sad we're all disillusioned with this band but also comforted that i'm not alone in how much they've rubbed me the wrong way the past few years. i've been an off and on again ten club member for years, and always struck out on Chicago tix through them (and did once again this year), so I think this is also the year I just let the membership go. Really, the only thing that's worth it is offsetting the cost of my nugs.net subscription with whatever discount they give to Ten Club members. I have a shelf full of Vaults I don't listen to and I think Yield might have been my last real "moment" with them.

<posted while wearing an old Ten Club shirt from when they'd send them to you for free>
Yea I’m sad to be this disillusioned with them but it’s better than drinking the PJ kool aid in the Ten Club forum that so many blindly do.

the best fan forums are the ones where the posters actively hate the band but also are paying $35 a year for the privilege to post about the band they hate. Circle of Life, I guess...

Maybe the absolute worst time to post this, but Atlanta Vault arrived and sounds fantastic.

Agree with all the points above btw, I think the last few years have really been a dividing point with the limited touring, a terribly run 10c, and a band that seems disinterested in resolving either of those two issues. They certainly don't mean the same to me that they did 5 years ago, but it doesn't change my memories and I'll still hit Ohana and local shows.

Maybe it is better to burn out than to fade away...

A lot of the gold RSD pressings were bunk it seems (mine was fine enough, I think I had one rough blip on it but thats it) so MH is replacing those as well. Not sure if just with black, or they did a small run of gold when they were getting these ones done.

Anyhoo, its a great set. I'd been waiting a few years for the vinyl release.

FUUUUUUUCKKKKKK!!! My wife and I were so excited for this show!

That sucks, sorry to see it. Especially given how solid the first four shows looked.
We’re here in Noblesville. Really disappointed. At least we went to see Smashing Pumpkins and Interpol last night. If they’d announced the postponement earlier, we’d have hopped on a plane home today. Oh well.

We’re here in Noblesville. Really disappointed. At least we went to see Smashing Pumpkins and Interpol last night. If they’d announced the postponement earlier, we’d have hopped on a plane home today. Oh well.
Interpol and pumpkins here last night ?

Nvm just found out it was same venue 🤯

Last edited:
Back