Sexy M.F.'ers...The Prince Fan Thread

Thoughts on Emancipation 6 LP pressing?
It's on an all time low on Amazon Brazil and I'm almost pulling the trigger.
Sounds very good. No crackles and pops on all 6 records (without cleaning). Beautifully done. I'm very happy with that set. I also love the vast majority of these songs. It's among my favorite rereleases.

Y'all called it....Prince The Truth

RSD 12 Jun

13,000 copies so low/no stress (should be super easy to get online if you don't want to go out)

Anyone got any images what the custom etching will be on the Welcome 2 America side D?

No, I have not googled it.

Yes, I am treating you all like a search engine (like Ask Jeeves....Ask Grooves)

FWIW...I went w/ the 7" single and the gold LPs. I usually go deluxe edition w/ these releases. I especially like the LP/CD combos. But I didn't need the Blu-Ray on this one (i.e. I don't have a Blu-Ray player so it wasn't at the right price point for me)

Last edited:
Anyone got any images what the custom etching will be on the Welcome 2 America side D?

No, I have not googled it.

Yes, I am treating you all like a search engine (like Ask Jeeves....Ask Grooves)

FWIW...I went w/ the 7" single and the gold LPs. I usually go deluxe edition w/ these releases. I especially like the LP/CD combos. But I didn't need the Blu-Ray on this one (i.e. I don't have a Blu-Ray player so it wasn't at the right price point for me)
The price of the deluxe seemed way high to me. $60 and I would have gone deluxe.

So I got a little bored being overseas and locked down and without my record collection. I started buying Prince mags. Mostly the tributes or guides. A few things I already had.

PXL_20210408_212047968.MP.jpg
(L-R)
Top:Hot Press tribute; People tribute; People '21 updated tribute;
Bottom: Rolling Stone tribute; RS '20 updated tribute; Time tribute

PXL_20210408_212614787.MP.jpg
(L-R)
Top: Conde Nast tribute; Conde Nast '19 updated tribute; Musikexpress (German) w/ 7"
Bottom: Rolling Stone (German) w/ 7"; Classic Pop tribute; Uncut Ultimate Music Guide (highly recommend)

PXL_20210408_213341623.jpg
(L-R)
Rolling Stone (German, recent SOTT issue) w/ 7"; both Wax Poetics (hardbound); NME tribute; my foot (the funkiest thing in all the photos)

Last edited:
So I got a little bored being overseas and locked down and without my record collection. I started buying Prince mags. Mostly the tributes or guides. A few things I already had.

View attachment 94855
(L-R)
Top:Hot Press tribute; People tribute; People '21 updated tribute;
Bottom: Rolling Stone tribute; RS '20 updated tribute; Time tribute

View attachment 94856
(L-R)
Top: Conde Nast tribute; Conde Nast '19 updated tribute; Musikexpress (German) w/ 7"
Bottom: Rolling Stone (German) w/ 7"; Classic Pop tribute; Uncut Ultimate Music Guide (highly recommend)

View attachment 94859
(L-R)
Rolling Stone (German, recent SOTT issue) w/ 7"; both Wax Poetics (hardbound); NME tribute; my foot (the funkiest thing in all the photos)
Don’t let @Joe Mac see that!!!

opps. Sorry Joe, not sorry.

Don’t let @Joe Mac see that!!!

opps. Sorry Joe, not sorry.

I’m actually really confused. I was expecting a load of Pink Floyd or some free jazz after I read your post!

Why? Does he have a thing for magazines, Prince, my foot, or all three? I mean, I know part of that answer...def a foot guy

I’m as lost as you are!

Feets. I’m gonna get a @Lee Newman behavior!!! 🤣

Hahaha! That made me lol!

Edit: oh the foot. Feet Ming, no one needs to see a naked foot.

Last edited:
Back