Sexy M.F.'ers...The Prince Fan Thread

LordKel

Today is the 4th anniversary of Prince's death. I didn't see a Prince thread so I started one. Show us your Prince collections. What's favorite songs, albums, etc.
My top 5 albums:
Purple Rain, Sign O the Times, The Love Symbol, Hit N Run Phase Two, Prince
Favorite song: Eye Love U, But Eye Don't Trust U Anymore
0421201035.jpg

I always have and always will love Prince. One of the best moments of my life was going to Paisley Park about 3 years ago. Walking into the atrium, seeing all of the actual guitars, the studios, memorabilia was astounding. Next time I go to Minneapolis, I plan on taking the expanded tour.

My favorite songs and albums depend on the day. As far as albums go, it varies between Parade, Dirty Mind, and Sign O’ the Times. For songs, my favorites are Computer Blue, The Ballad of Dorothy Parker, Dolphin, Girls & Boys, Dirty Mind, Forever In My Life, etc etc.

My fave Prince album is Diamonds and Pearls.

One of my radio mentors was Prince's private party DJ through the 80s and most of the 90s. He has complete Prince albums that were never released. He also has the motorcycle from Purple Rain. Like, thee actual motorcycle.

My all time favorite picture/meme of Prince after his passing 4 yrs ago. I always appreciated his music, but also the ways he challenged what is considered masculine, feminine, and sexy throughout his career.

Prince.jpg

Last edited:
I can’t wait...... I have to say that Prince’s estate have done a super job so far with the reissues. Got my white whale record today too, The Rainbow Children.
Boo. I want mine. Where did it ship from and did you get a shipping notice?

Nvm I see I somehow missed the shipping email in my hellish week. Tracking says it should be here in Weds. looks to me it could get here tomorrow.

How is it? Mine should arrive to my wife in a couple of days, since I'm overseas but I won't even be able to listen to it for about a year.

I was happy for this RE. I've always enjoyed it. I think it is one of, if not THE, strongest albums he put out post-2000.

The couple of reviews on Discogs aren't great - talking about surface noise. In the end, I have an OG copy on CD so I've been jamming to it for years. The ballads are great and everything else is a wonderful mix of jazz fusion and/or funk workouts. The guitar work on the title track is superb.

For the One Nite Alone, etc. releases I ordered the CD/DVD set b/c then you get everything plus the live performance DVD. I thought about getting the vinyl, but quite honestly it's kind of a shitty release that I won't really listen to much. I had the original longbox back in the day of the One Nite Alone....Live! releases and they're a rough listen. With the exception of The Aftershow. That disc is brilliant. The live recording of Joy in Repetition is one of my favorite Prince things to listen to ever. It's one of my favorite songs, but the version there is great. The guitar solo gives me chills.

Did you not order the One Note Piano album? To me it was a must get. Rainbow Children is my favourite post Gold Experience (probably post Love Symbol) album by P. I’ve been in and out of the room with it on @Lee Newman and @TheMythOfSisyphus so I’ll need to give it a proper sit down. More having the actual thing on record. I’ve been a member of all of Prince’s online clubs, a pretty massive fan, and this album has always been one I’ve been able to come back to and appreciate. It reminds me of 1.Outside by Bowie, a weird, bold, genius, uncompromising album that proved they weren’t just heritage artists on the greatest hits trail.

Back