September 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge - 'Cause you can't, you won't, and you don't stop!

Day 3: “ Now here's a little story I've got to tell about three bad brothers you know so well, It started way back in history with AdRock, M.C.A., and me - Mike D.”

Duran Duran "Duran Duran" (1981 EMI, original UK pressing)
Features three guys with the same last name that people often mistook as brothers, but which are not brothers. Three bad brothers if you will.

IMG_2965.JPG

Day 3: “Now here's a little story I've got to tell about three bad brothers you know so well, It started way back in history with Ad Rock, MCA, and me - Mike D”

Gino Vannelli - Brother to Brother

231DBF97-9B8A-467F-99D6-A522338D9F3B.jpeg

Many of Gino’s albums throughout his career were produced by him & his older brother Joe. This was the album where their younger brother Ross started contributing, producing the album alongside his brothers, singing backing vocals & writing a couple of songs (including “I Just Wanna Stop”, Gino’s biggest hit).

Last edited:
Day 3: “ Now here's a little story I've got to tell about three bad brothers you know so well, It started way back in history with AdRock, M.C.A., and me - Mike D.”

Cowboy Junkies - The Trinity Session

Featuring the Timminses. The third brother (John) left the band but does some backing vocals on here. Plus sister Margo makes it bonus points!

Screenshot_2022-09-03-15-36-40-76_4a808d795e22c35ddff3ce3b406eb72d.jpg

What's better than 3 bad brothers in a band?

Four bad "brothers" ...

Joey Ramone.
Johnny Ramone.
Marky Ramone.
Dee Dee Ramone.

The Ramones - The Palladium 12-31-79

20201008_235411.jpg

Day 4: “I do not sing but I make a def song, you could live your whole life and I hope you live long. On the Gong Show we won't get gonged, we're the Beastie Boys not Cheech and Chong”

While Marc bangs the proverbial, lyrical gong, his backup singers bang the literal hell out of their tambourines.

Really.

This is the most violent tambourine playing and backup singing I've ever witnessed.

Tale a moment to process that - violent tambourine and backup vocals. That's sounds very interesting to me.

As an added bonus, Marc assaults his guitar with a tambourine....and a whip.

This is a 70's glam rock spectacle of excess. And that is in no way derogatory..

T. Rex - Electric Warrior

20220904_014934.jpg

Day 4: “I do not sing but I make a def song, you could live your whole life and I hope you live long. On the Gong Show we won't get gonged, we're the Beastie Boys not Cheech and Chong”

So I went with Phantom Rhythm - Gong Gong Gong III. It’s a killer psychedelic rock album so there are many def songs, guaranteed not to get gonged, despite the name.

10D8DED2-4D1D-4364-BB70-2C1F2DB2936A.jpeg

Day 1: “You wake up late for school man you don't wanna go. You ask your mom, "Please?" but she still says, "No!"

I going for the right to party on this one.

The Donnas - Turn 21

View attachment 150465
I got to see the Donnas on this tour. They released this album when I was 21 so it was extra awesome. Bratmobile open for them. That show is up there as one of my favorites.

I'll stretch another one out here...
The Gong Show featured Jaye P Morgan as a panelist. Jaye P had a singing career and appeared on a LOT of compilations,
including 50 Rockin' Hits vol 59. That album also featured Cannonball Adderley. (among many others.)

IMG_1864.JPG

The Clancy Brothers & Tommy Makem with Pete Seeger & Bruce Langhorne – A Spontaneous Performance Recording!
20220904_134645.jpg

Here's a little story I've got to tell
about three Irish brothers
you might know well,
popular during the 60s
with Paddy, Liam
and Tom Clancy!

Day 4: “I do not sing but I make a def song, you could live your whole life and I hope you live long. On the Gong Show we won't get gonged, we're the Beastie Boys not Cheech and Chong

Scone Cash Players - Blast Furnace!

38FAD24F-8F2A-4506-97A6-06B25AACDB79.jpeg

Def songs front to back with not a single human vocal to be found. That organ is wailing tho!

Back