September 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge - 'Cause you can't, you won't, and you don't stop!

Day 24: “If you try to knock me you’ll get mocked, I’ll stir fry you in my wok. Your knees will start shaking and your fingers pop, like a pinch on the neck from Mr. Spock.”

David Bowie "The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars" (1972 RCA ; 2016 40th anniversary repress)
These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations,
to boldly go where no man has gone before.

Also, Ziggy is an alien.

IMG_2995.JPG

Last edited:
Day 23: “Let me get some action from the back section, we need body rockin’ not perfection. Let your backbone flip but don’t slip a disc, let your spine unwind just take a risk.”

Playing on the 'take a risk' part of the phrase.
I haven't been buying albums based on hearing only one song nearly as often as I was a few years ago. But here's one I took a risk on last year, and I love it.

Faye Webster - I Know I'm Funny Haha

IMG_2036.JPG

Day 24: “If you try to knock me you’ll get mocked, I’ll stir fry you in my wok. Your knees will start shaking and your fingers pop, like a pinch on the neck from Mr. Spock.

Nena - 99 Luftballonsb/w 99 Red Balloons

EF7B7D26-DE0E-44AA-975F-E05827245C50.jpeg

Hielten sich für Captain Kirk / Das gab ein großes Feuerwerk

Everyone's a super hero / Everyone's a Captain Kirk

Day 24: “If you try to knock me you’ll get mocked, I’ll stir fry you in my wok. Your knees will start shaking and your fingers pop, like a pinch on the neck from Mr. Spock.

Nena - 99 Luftballonsb/w 99 Red Balloons

View attachment 152295

Hielten sich für Captain Kirk / Das gab ein großes Feuerwerk

Everyone's a super hero / Everyone's a Captain Kirk

I almost played my copy but I didn't feel like digging it out of the closet storage.

Day 25: “Sweet and sour like a tangerine, fresh like a box of Krispy Kremes. Kenny Rogers’ Gambler is my gambling theme.”

Warren Zevon "Stand In The Fire" (1980 Asylum Records; 2019 Speakers Corner reissue)
Includes Lawyers, Guns and Money, which is about a guy hiding out after running into trouble gambling in Havana.

IMG_3002.JPG

Day 24: “If you try to knock me you’ll get mocked, I’ll stir fry you in my wok. Your knees will start shaking and your fingers pop, like a pinch on the neck from Mr. Spock.”

I'm not sure the Enterprise ever made it to Arrakis, but I'm sure Kirk and Spock would have helped the sandworms like they did the humpback whales in Star Trek IV.

Hans Zimmer ~ The Dune Sketchbook (Mondo San Diego Comic Con Spice of Arrakis version)

1664145924802.png

Day 25:Sweet and sour like a tangerine, fresh like a box of Krispy Kremes. Kenny Rogers’ Gambler is my gambling theme.

Pretty motherfucker with some money to blow
I'm 'bout to buy Las Vegas after this roll
I'm 'bout to buy Las Vegas after this roll
Come on, 7-7-7… let's goooooo

Silk Sonic - An Evening with Silk Sonic

C7B44832-3683-44FD-9394-CE51532AC43E.jpeg

Day 26: “I’m a motherfucking Nick at Night, with the classics re-running that you know all right.”

I always associate late night TV with K-Tel and compilations. Since Nick at Nite was big in the 90's and I don't have any K-Tel compilations from the 90s, I'll go with a 90's soundtrack that K-Tel would have advertised and sold a bunch of, had they got their hands on it. And all solid classics.

Singles ~ Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

1664212155154.png

Back