sad, beautiful, tragic: the n&g taylor swift thread

Im not a huge fan of country Taylor (not a fan of country at all tbh) but I saw that there was a guy selling her first two albums on vinyl, the RSD edition, for 35 bucks each. Checked Discogs and it turns out that they are crazy expensive, so I bought those.
Now I just have to be in the right mood for country-pop music.

Wake up if you're looking for signed CD's - Available again :)

Wake up if you're looking for signed CD's - Available again :)

I can't believe that price from her official site. The copies she signed and sent out to Portland record stores were < $15.

I can't believe that price from her official site. The copies she signed and sent out to Portland record stores were < $15.
I don't claim to know anything about the planning behind all of this, but the impression I got with those signed CDs sent to independent record stores is that they were free to the record stores, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were sent with stipulations about what could be charged for them. I assumed the motivation was to help the independent record stores (all profit with no gouging) and to offer this gift (low-priced, signed CD) to Taylor's fans. On her official site, the regular CD is $13, so they're charging $12 for her signature. Doesn't seem outrageous given some of the pricing we've seen from other quarters lately (not to mention how nice it is to see more of these made available given the $150 price tag from Discogs scummers).

Last edited:
I don't claim to know anything about the planning behind all of this, but the impression I got with those signed CDs sent to independent record stores is that they were free to the record stores, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were sent with stipulations about what could be charged for them. I assumed the motivation was to help the independent record stores (all profit with no gouging) and to offer this gift (low-priced, signed CD) to Taylor's fans. On her official site, the regular CD is $13, so they're charging $12 for her signature. Doesn't seem outrageous given some of the pricing we've seen from other quarters lately (not to mention how nice it is to see more of these made available given the $150 price tag from Discogs scummers).
Agreed, what those signed CDs are going for is a little crazy, I have no problem with $10-15 for the autograph so the price is fair in my opinion. I grabbed it for my daughter for Christmas, but if you're a fan and missed out, the price is reasonable. You know she's the type to have caught wind of what they were going for and decided to squash that flipper aftermarket, which I'm a fan of, lol.

omg, I used to have that same Tonight Alive CD signed, but I think I sold it! also, that signed brand new eyes is insane!!! I bet that's worth sooo much money now

I will bet so this is the booklet from the BNE Deluxe set. I met them when Jeremy and Josh were still members. Tonight Alive means A LOT to me and Jenna was the one to get me started collecting records. I have the tweet framed to always remember. She suggested Led Zeppelin IV which was the first vinyl record I got at my now favorite record shop. When I saw them in 2018, the same year as Stone Sour, I had a personal meet and greet with Jenna later in the day. They signed my custom art that I want to have inked.

Jenna signed the larger poster and she hand wrote me lyrics to Going To California. It's on the back of the poster, but I would love to have that inked as well in her writing because let's be honest that song meant a lot before and after that happened. I may have been a Taylor fan longer, but now I get to add something I never thought I would get into my collection. I know she signed many of them and I may never get to meet her, but this just feels like it belongs.

Anybody get their vinyl yet??

Apparently they have started shipping out. I’ve seen some pics of like two different variants. But I haven’t heard anything about mine yet. No shipping email, no update on my account page. Just waiting...waiting...waiting...

Anybody get their vinyl yet??

Apparently they have started shipping out. I’ve seen some pics of like two different variants. But I haven’t heard anything about mine yet. No shipping email, no update on my account page. Just waiting...waiting...waiting...
Welp.... I am now worried!

The site says November 20th so.... I am unsure.... I wonder if I should open it or embargo on it until Christmas time.... I am glad to see they exist and are out in the wild. Is that the In The Woods variant that we are seeing?

The site says November 20th so.... I am unsure.... I wonder if I should open it or embargo on it until Christmas time.... I am glad to see they exist and are out in the wild. Is that the In The Woods variant that we are seeing?
Yeah I believe that’s the one (the “standard” one). Looks way better than I imagined it would.

Back