RSD 2020

I was curious about this release. I have an old copy of that album but it was always one of my least favorite Roxy Music releases primarily because it sounds kinda terrible (e.g. “If There Is Something” should be one of my favorite Roxy Music songs except the vocals towards the end are so terribly mixed). In fact, that is precisely why I didn’t bother seeking out this new mix (I dislike the original so much that I need to hear the new mix first in order to believe it sounds good enough to drop money on it).

Personally I think this remix is amazing. But I've never been let down by a Steven WIlson remix, definitely recommend you giving it a listen. I've been ignoring my other pickups as this has been on repeat spin since yesterday.

I gotta say the Songs For Drella, sans it imo needing to be a gatefold, knocked it outta the park for me. Minus that one little blemish from packaging to the mixing and presentation I was happy I put up the money for it. The etching left me speechless and it was just so well done. I took a chance not knowing much about Lou Reed or Spoon and I love what I got!

I gotta say the Songs For Drella, sans it imo needing to be a gatefold, knocked it outta the park for me. Minus that one little blemish from packaging to the mixing and presentation I was happy I put up the money for it. The etching left me speechless and it was just so well done. I took a chance not knowing much about Lou Reed or Spoon and I love what I got!
That one is still a mystery to me. Some people got it, but other stores (and the list) are saying it’s in the October drop. Mine got cancelled with a note that it was mistakenly listed and will be in October.

The album itself is good - probably not where I’d start with Lou, but if you liked it you’ll probably enjoy going through his catalogue.

That one is still a mystery to me. Some people got it, but other stores (and the list) are saying it’s in the October drop. Mine got cancelled with a note that it was mistakenly listed and will be in October.

The album itself is good - probably not where I’d start with Lou, but if you liked it you’ll probably enjoy going through his catalogue.

I got it because of the connection to Andy Warhol. However, I really DUG a lot of it so I really do need to seek out more now LOL

Bullmoose has all the Setpember and October RSD titles on their website as preorders. They're unlikely to get fulfilled, but BM doesn't charge until an item ships, so no risk? Probably just get cancelled. Just search the title you're after on their site.

Maybe just a glitch?

Edit: I did preorder Primus and Bill Evans.

Dont want to worry people, but I have started to see a few people receive cancellation orders on online ordered records.

Slightly worried myself as I bought from 4 online shops. Sun Ra from Rough Trade has shipped, 1 was direct from the label should be ok, I have been using the 3rd shop for years and im hoping they will be ok, but the last one is a website I have never used before.

honestly, my own theory is that RSD decided to change the release for drella at the last minute for October. i guess they did it to minimize the amount of records being released on August? i think the mistake was deciding to do this AFTER records were shipped out, so ofc some record shops were going to sell it since they received them among the other RSD releases.

tbh, i said it before on here, but I really do believe that the arrangement of the RSD releases onto the three drops was done v unevenly. The August drop had way too many big names and popular limited releases all at once, whereas I can't even recall a popular Rsd item being released in September or October. what do y'all think?

Bullmoose has all the Setpember and October RSD titles on their website as preorders. They're unlikely to get fulfilled, but BM doesn't charge until an item ships, so no risk? Probably just get cancelled. Just search the title you're after on their site.

Maybe just a glitch?

pre-ordered Curren$y. hope the FBI doesn't show up at my door

honestly, my own theory is that RSD decided to change the release for drella at the last minute for October. i guess they did it to minimize the amount of records being released on August? i think the mistake was deciding to do this AFTER records were shipped out, so ofc some record shops were going to sell it since they received them among the other RSD releases.

tbh, i said it before on here, but I really do believe that the arrangement of the RSD releases onto the three drops was done v unevenly. The August drop had way too many big names and popular limited releases all at once, whereas I can't even recall a popular Rsd item being released in September or October. what do y'all think?
I know for me pretty much everything I wanted (Gorillaz, Spacehog, Tyler) or would have been interested in (Denzel, Charli) was released in August. But then again I've not really studied the list for the upcoming drops. I know the Synecdoche, New York soundtrack was in an earlier list but I didn't hear anything about that this month, I assume that's for a future drop? But yeah I agree, I feel like they front-loaded this month for maximum profit, and especially considering how wore out people probably are after this last one, I think pretty much anything in a future drop will stick around in stores for a bit.

Maybe just a glitch?

I preordered city morgue and Curren$y. Will see how this goes

I know for me pretty much everything I wanted (Gorillaz, Spacehog, Tyler) or would have been interested in (Denzel, Charli) was released in August. But then again I've not really studied the list for the upcoming drops. I know the Synecdoche, New York soundtrack was in an earlier list but I didn't hear anything about that this month, I assume that's for a future drop? But yeah I agree, I feel like they front-loaded this month for maximum profit, and especially considering how wore out people probably are after this last one, I think pretty much anything in a future drop will stick around in stores for a bit.

I'm the opposite- I could care less about Tyler and only picked up Kinks and Morby. But Sept brings Primus and Ramones and Replacements and Bill Evans

I know one of those are not like the others

Back