RSD 2020

So I'm going to be in DC/Arlington for RSD - any suggestions on an easy place to go for RSD? I'm looking for the Grateful Dead set and to probably browse otherwise and pick up a few titles otherwise.

Oh gosh, oh gee... I'm scared y'all. Too many specific things I want to buy. Uh oh... Shoot...

Ugh...

The Cure - Bloodflowers
The Durutti Column - Vini Reilly
Freddie Gibbs and Madlib - Pinata
GALAXY 500 - COPENHAGEN LIVE OMG!!!
Gorillaz - G-sides
Gray - Never Gonna Leave New York City
June of 44 - Engine Takes to the Water
June of 44 - Tropics and Meridians
Kraftwerk - Kraftwerk
Kraftwerk - Kraftwerk II
Mew - And the Glass Handed Kites
SLOWDIVE - S/T 12" OMG!!!
U2 - 11 O'Clock Tick Tock

The following have caught my eye, but doubt I’ll go down on the day so will try and grab in the days following:

Charlie Parker
Elton John
Feeder
Mark Knopfler
Sea Girls
Sugarhill Gang
Supergrass

So I'm going to be in DC/Arlington for RSD - any suggestions on an easy place to go for RSD? I'm looking for the Grateful Dead set and to probably browse otherwise and pick up a few titles otherwise.

I had good luck last year at Crooked Beat Records in Alexandria. I got in line around 7:45 am and got most of what I wanted. I missed out on Robyn but I got the last moses sumney ep and the second to last brazil classics set (also got the julien baker single, sly and family stone woodstock, boy meets girl comp, and a few others that weren’t as scarce). The guy behind me in line got the last lost in translation soundtrack. They gave out free tote bags with pins and stickers and Cds and 7”s of local bands. It also came with a huge Grateful Dead poster for their pacific northwest ‘73-‘74 release and some grateful dead christmas wrapping paper. They also had a bar set up in the store for people to get drinks while they waited in line. They have a really well-organized system of going one-customer-at-a-time and having the employees pull records for you so there’s no fighting over records or whatever.

I’ll be going again this year - hoping to get the Magic Numbers, Gorillaz G-sides, Charlie Parker, and the Virgin suicides soundtrack.

If i grab anything, it will probably be the next morning online, or later on, when the flipping settles down. Nothing I truly NEED.

Boys Next Door would be cool. Still want the Birthday Party Peel Sessions that was only released in Oz, but shipping and an already high price kinda kills the deal for me. I will spin my bootleg pressing instead.

Back