Restocks/Represses

Epic album. I'd jump on this now if you were looking for a copy they won't last long.

Thanks for posting this. This album wasn’t on my radar, but after your post I gave it a quick listen on Spotify then purchased shortly thereafter. Spinning it now and it sounds great.

Tigerlily MoFi arrives from Music Direct today- shitty mailer, double seam split.

lol I am so fucking tired of enduring the bullshit that record collecting inflicts
They piss me off with their shitty mailers. Both my Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler showed up with big dents on each corner and a crease on one.

Tigerlily MoFi arrives from Music Direct today- shitty mailer, double seam split.

lol I am so fucking tired of enduring the bullshit that record collecting inflicts
@Oldwhitelincoln11 is right—just put a note to remove the record from the jacket. I’m not entirely sure why their jackets are so susceptible to splits. Maybe it’s those stupid inserts? It’s been a problem for awhile though and you’d have to think they get enough complaints that they would figure out how to solve it…

I knew this was going to be a shit-show when I saw the first pic posted on FB with a huge scratch

I didn't special request them to open the record up instead of trusting them to ship properly so;

View attachment 146850

LOL im so bitter tonight
Yea I get its frustrating. I can count on one hand the number of online record retailers that actually ship stuff well consistently the past few years. And its annoying you have to ask them to open it and ship it separately to begin with. It's just a suggestion if you want to buy from them in the future again...

Any time there's a restock of a MoFi, there are large numbers of complaints about seam splits. You'd figure they would have found a solution by now given how many complaints there are...it's gotta be something with the jacket sizes or those damn inserts.

I guess I'm a bit jaded about it and am more surprised when records arrive unscathed than when they arrived damaged. If it arrives damaged, i ask for a replacement jacket. If they don't give me one, I ask for my money back. And if they don't do either, then I don't buy from that place again.

Yea I get its frustrating. I can count on one hand the number of online record retailers that actually ship stuff well consistently the past few years. And its annoying you have to ask them to open it and ship it separately to begin with. It's just a suggestion if you want to buy from them in the future again...

Any time there's a restock of a MoFi, there are large numbers of complaints about seam splits. You'd figure they would have found a solution by now given how many complaints there are...it's gotta be something with the jacket sizes or those damn inserts.

I guess I'm a bit jaded about it and am more surprised when records arrive unscathed than when they arrived damaged. If it arrives damaged, i ask for a replacement jacket. If they don't give me one, I ask for my money back. And if they don't do either, then I don't buy from that place again.

Probably part of it is MoFi's insistence on cramming their stupid catalog fold out around every disc

I've had good luck in the last asking MD for just a replacement sleeve. Fingers crossed they have some.

I ordered the MOFI Dire Straits s/t from the in groove and was kicking myself when I realized I forgot to ask them to ship outside the sleeve. Luckily it arrived with the sleeve looking pristine.

One of the things I love about @Ethos99 / PBC is the fact that you can make a note in your account to ship the album outside of sleeve and they will do that for every album you order from them.

I've had good luck in the last asking MD for just a replacement sleeve. Fingers crossed they have some.

I ordered the MOFI Dire Straits s/t from the in groove and was kicking myself when I realized I forgot to ask them to ship outside the sleeve. Luckily it arrived with the sleeve looking pristine.

One of the things I love about @Ethos99 / PBC is the fact that you can make a note in your account to ship the album outside of sleeve and they will do that for every album you order from them.
I'm hoping more labels will start moving away from shrink wrap and just put the albums in an outer with the record already removed from the sleeve. Some of my favorite stoner labels do this and I've never been disappointed by the condition they arrive in. Plus less plastic waste.

I'm hoping more labels will start moving away from shrink wrap and just put the albums in an outer with the record already removed from the sleeve. Some of my favorite stoner labels do this and I've never been disappointed by the condition they arrive in. Plus less plastic waste.
I've noticed this with a few smaller jazz labels too. I think International Anthem often ships with the records behind the sleeves (at least if you buy direct) and EatingStanding does as well. I prefer it and they hardly ever arrive damaged.

Back