Restocks/Represses

I was tempted, but then found a copy of the boom boom cut for $25, and reviews seem split on which sounds better, but to avoid a 45 and save $35 it felt like the right move.

I believe @Mather owns both and made a comparison a while back. I believe he preferred the MOFI by a margin. But probably best for him to confirm that. I personally stayed with the Boom Boom and love it. A great remaster cut by KPG@ATM, pressed at RTI and housed in a Tip-On jacket for $25... can't go wrong really.

I believe @Mather owns both and made a comparison a while back. I believe he preferred the MOFI by a margin. But probably best for him to confirm that. I personally stayed with the Boom Boom and love it. A great remaster cut by KPG@ATM, pressed at RTI and housed in a Tip-On jacket for $25... can't go wrong really.
You can't go wrong but yes to me the Mofi pretty handily beats the KPG. But the KPG is great in it's own right and a steal at that price.

But the Mofi is almost certainly digital so now it's a dog frisbee.

You can't go wrong but yes to me the Mofi pretty handily beats the KPG. But the KPG is great in it's own right and a steal at that price.

"Handily beat" eh? You shouldn't tell me things like that. "A bit better" would be more acceptable to my status quo. But "handily beat" makes me question my choices. Don't do this to me, man. This is one of my all-time favorite albums. Now I may have to consider a third copy.

"Handily beat" eh? You shouldn't tell me things like that. "A bit better" would be more acceptable to my status quo. But "handily beat" makes me question my choices. Don't do this to me, man. This is one of my all-time favorite albums. Now I may have to consider a third copy.
Don't worry, @Mather 's MOFI Blowout PIF thread will be starting in 3...2...1

Okay look, YMMV. My rig likes Mofi 45s. It's bigger, fuller, wider stage. BUT... it has some of that original sibilance that's present on the recording. KPG eliminated all of the sibilance on his. That's the trade off, well and the price tag, that's the other trade off.

and, and it's digital trash too so trade off number three...

and, and it's digital trash too so trade off number three...

:ROFLMAO:

(Unlike many, I don't actually care... just looking for clean and great sounding copies. This is why I don't hunt american or UK originals much, at least without getting a chance to physically see and hear them. Westerers can't grade worth shit so by the time I've bought a couple copies in the hunt for a clean one - no they're often not $10 anymore like people seem to say - I'm well over the price of a MOFI or a japanese pressing.)

:ROFLMAO:

(Unlike many, I don't actually care... just looking for clean and great sounding copies. This is why I don't hunt american or UK originals much, at least without getting a chance to physically see and hear them. Westerers can't grade worth shit so by the time I've bought a couple copies in the hunt for a clean one - no they're often not $10 anymore like people seem to say - I'm well over the price of a MOFI or a japanese pressing.)

At least on this one too, I don't think there's a rational reason outside of wanting an original press to go for it over KG. I've A/B tested my early repress vs. the KG and the KG is just flat better - it's close but I don't think it's a contest.

It’s two dog frisbees since it’s a 45!

@Turbo i agree with @Mather that the MoFi is better. And you know how I feel about BoomBoom. BUT the BoomBoom is no slouch, 33, and way cheaper. Both are better than early reissues I’ve heard. I think the Porky cut is often brought up as the best sounding one but hard to find clean and it’s expensive!

@Turbo i agree with @Mather that the MoFi is better. And you know how I feel about BoomBoom. BUT the BoomBoom is no slouch, 33, and way cheaper. Both are better than early reissues I’ve heard. I think the Porky cut is often brought up as the best sounding one but hard to find clean and it’s expensive!
Instead of feeling like I made the wrong decision, I'm just going to focus on how much more I prefer 33s.
🫣 Do not need mofi copy too. Do not need mofi copy too. Do not nee...😤

Instead of feeling like I made the wrong decision, I'm just going to focus on how much more I prefer 33s.
Just play it LOUD. Do that enough and you lose a bit of your hearing and then it all sounds the same.

Thankfully spending the 80s listening to hardcore and metal took the top end of my hearing off so Mofi pressings are pretty much lost on me.

Just play it LOUD. Do that enough and you lose a bit of your hearing and then it all sounds the same.

Thankfully spending the 80s listening to hardcore and metal took the top end of my hearing off so Mofi pressings are pretty much lost on me.
I went to too many hardcore and metal concerts in the 90s too so my hearing is also off. I do hear a nice high pitched tone in one ear pretty well these days though.

The KG cut is great. There's just a bit of a tradeoff like Mather said with the sibilance vs the wider soundstage and better bass. Both sound better than the older reissue I had though so can't really go wrong with either.

I may just have to play the KPG again later today. It's one of these situations where I'm waffling a bit... most likely scenario is that I may pick up a digi-fi if I see one in a local, but probably will not order a copy.

Back