Restocks/Represses

Uhhh, my local has 10 copies of Double Nickels On The Dime. Available for $36.99. Anybody still looking for a copy?
View attachment 141597
I am here now and it doesn’t look like they have posted them online yet.
I'm a day late and a dollar short...what's the name of the shop, assuming they are planning to add it to their online inventory?

I got it off Merchbar this morning when I got the email. Notice Third Man had a bunch still in stock so didn't post it lol I just realized tho. I need On and On and Curious George. I thought I had On and on. Ughhh
I'm in London and there's a new Third Man Records here. Went in and the Jack Johnson Third Man was sitting there with tons of copies. Thought I had found some hard to find records then it got restocked haha. I got On and On from my local Newbury Comics...I'll look next time I'm there and grab one for ya if I see it! I still need Curious George too.

I'm in London and there's a new Third Man Records here. Went in and the Jack Johnson Third Man was sitting there with tons of copies. Thought I had found some hard to find records then it got restocked haha. I got On and On from my local Newbury Comics...I'll look next time I'm there and grab one for ya if I see it! I still need Curious George too.
I'll be in London in October, so thanks for something I can add to my list to check out. Didn't know they had a store there.

I'll be in London in October, so thanks for something I can add to my list to check out. Didn't know they had a store there.
It’s…okay. A pretty tiny shop. A bunch of Live At Third Man pressings. Some White Stripes/Jack White stuff. They had the ERC White Stripes pressing for 350£ And some merch. I can PM you a bunch of other shops though! I spent a whole day going around to different shops while my wife was at work haha

It’s…okay. A pretty tiny shop. A bunch of Live At Third Man pressings. Some White Stripes/Jack White stuff. They had the ERC White Stripes pressing for 350£ And some merch. I can PM you a bunch of other shops though! I spent a whole day going around to different shops while my wife was at work haha
I would definitely be interested on some recommendations even though I don't think my gf will have the patience for me to be digging around for records much on our trip. Especially since I already strategically booked it the same time the Packers are playing in London this year.

I would definitely be interested on some recommendations even though I don't think my gf will have the patience for me to be digging around for records much on our trip. Especially since I already strategically booked it the same time the Packers are playing in London this year.
I lucked out since we were in London and my wife had to work for one day only. So I took advantage of it and hit up probably 7 or 8 shops. I’ll PM ya some shops and info!

I’m still in the UK and found a copy here so haven’t played any of the records I have purchased this trip (I live in the US). I’ll report back when I get a chance to spin it!

Is my dream of hitting a dozen record shops while in England and grabbing UK copies of all sorts of stuff a reality or wishful thinking?

Is my dream of hitting a dozen record shops while in England and grabbing UK copies of all sorts of stuff a reality or wishful thinking?
If you plan ahead about how you're gonna get them home it's not too bad. You just need to price if it's cheaper to ship them or bring them back on the plane, and plan accordingly, otherwise it's a pain in the ass to get them home without damaging them if you're trying to figure it out at the last minute. And if you bring them on the plane you really need to pack them well cause the baggage handlers will beat the hell out of it most likely.

If you plan ahead about how you're gonna get them home it's not too bad. You just need to price if it's cheaper to ship them or bring them back on the plane, and plan accordingly, otherwise it's a pain in the ass to get them home without damaging them if you're trying to figure it out at the last minute. And if you bring them on the plane you really need to pack them well cause the baggage handlers will beat the hell out of it most likely.
The one time I had the opportunity to get records overseas, I had a tote bag full of records that I carried on the plane.

Depends on what you’re looking for. I’ve had better luck outside of London for original UK pressings. Last time I grabbed some early Zeppelin and Pink Floyd UK pressings from shops in Nottingham for not too much. But one of the stores did look like this 😂😂

1654666915042.jpeg

The London shops are a bit pricier and picked over but you might get lucky and be there when someone puts out a new collection. Mostly bought new stuff this time around.

The one time I had the opportunity to get records overseas, I had a tote bag full of records that I carried on the plane.
I always carry on now and you’re allowed one handheld and one carry on typically. So usually I either put records in my backpack in a tote to get on the plane and then remove the records when I’m on the plane or carry a tote separately. Definitely don’t put any in checked luggage.

Depends on what you’re looking for. I’ve had better luck outside of London for original UK pressings. Last time I grabbed some early Zeppelin and Pink Floyd UK pressings from shops in Nottingham for not too much. But one of the stores did look like this 😂😂

View attachment 141773

The London shops are a bit pricier and picked over but you might get lucky and be there when someone puts out a new collection. Mostly bought new stuff this time around.

That looks like somewhere I could happily spend many hours!

That looks like somewhere I could happily spend many hours!
I didn’t have a chance to go this time but definitely will revisit it. I had already gotten a ton of records this trip and popped into two smaller shops instead to be quick and not bore my wife. I can’t go in for just 10 minutes to that place. Definitely a half a day thing haha

View attachment 141773

This!! I'd be looking for the same - Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Sabbath. I have no problem traveling to some smaller towns/shops but wasn't sure if it's as feverish over there as it is here in the states. If I'm going to have to pay $30 for a beat up copy it might as well be a UK.

Back