Record Store Day 2024

Thanks. I have a bit of a Like/Hate relationship with Dusty Groove so I have not been to their site in a while. But, they came through this time I think. They usually pack well and I got a shipping notice earlier. I think it’s a go.
I’ve only had good experiences with them but know someone who had some bad experiences buying used there. He bought an album marked NM/NM and it arrived with massive seam splits even though the records were sent behind the jacket. And they wouldn’t refund him any money.

If anyone is in Pittsburgh, Eide's on the 4th floor has a TON of RSD left, including Fleet Foxes and lots of other desirables - I didn't have time to grab anything - was late picking a friend up, but just spreading the word 😀
If you happen to make it back and they have a Death Cab…I’m your huckleberry.

If you happen to make it back and they have a Death Cab…I’m your huckleberry.
I know they didn't - I asked on that and Laufey, and they were sold out. But if I head back, I'll try and take some photos, post what's there and wait a bit to see if anyone on here wants me to pick something up.

Or format. I almost passed on The National - Boxer Live In Brussels because it was listed as a RSD First release and it was released a few months later… on CD. I don’t think it’s ever been repressed on wax since that initial RSD pressing.
My local knows that I'm a diehard Nats fan, so one of the employees actually purchased it for me ahead of RSD and let me pay him on RSD - I didn't even ask! It was still available when I finally had my turn at the merch that year, but I felt it would be unfair to buy another copy since I already had one.

A lot of friends got shut out, so when we went to Homecoming 1.0 in April 2018, we ubered up to Shake It records, and they had a bunch leftover. I picked up 5-6 copies for friends who couldn't get it on RSD. I never expected that it would become so valuable. I did purchase the cd later, and bring the sleeve with me to shows at times on the off chance that I can get it autographed. I did get Scott and Peter Katis to sign it when I attended a chat at Rough Trade about the 33 1/3 book that Ryan Pinkard wrote about Boxer.

Did anyone pick up The Weeknd Live At Sofi Stadium?

Spinning now and it’s insanely good. Really well recorded show, presented as performed, with tons of reworked tracks.

Pressed at GZ but my copy is completely clean and fairly quiet. Nice triple gatefold too. Recommended if this is your thing and you see it at a good price.

Did anyone pick up The Weeknd Live At Sofi Stadium?

Spinning now and it’s insanely good. Really well recorded show, presented as performed, with tons of reworked tracks.

Pressed at GZ but my copy is completely clean and fairly quiet. Nice triple gatefold too. Recommended if this is your thing and you see it at a good price.

I was tempted to get it as a greatest hits/ only album I'll need for the collection but the price put it just out of the budget. Glad to hear it's good

They are a legit store in NYC! Haven’t ordered from them online before though

They ship to Canada, which is great!
But they sent my shit UPS rather than Priority International Mail, as was listed in my cart and on my receipt, so I just got fucked for an additional $55 in taxes and "brokerage fees." 🤬

On the plus side, I guess... my stuff should arrive tomorrow instead of in a week or two, but still, I'd rather wait and still have the money (which I don't technically have in the first place!)

I've sent the shop an email explaing what happened, and am curious to see if/how they respond. I don't expect any recompense, but I did recommend they list shipping as UPS rather than Priority International Mail so people can make an informed choice. I definitely would have kept looking elsewhere if I'd known they were sending by UPS.

Back