Record Store Day 2024

I’ve only had good experiences with them but know someone who had some bad experiences buying used there. He bought an album marked NM/NM and it arrived with massive seam splits even though the records were sent behind the jacket. And they wouldn’t refund him any money.
Dusty is tricky in this regard, they will often describe the sleeve, but the grading is strictly the record. They don't offer any grade on the sleeve. Never been wronged by their record grading, but buying online is definitely risky since they don't grade the covers.

Last edited:
This Talking Heads release sounds like you're sitting in the front row. I've only made it through the first side, but wow! Sounds crystal clear.
I am going to try to pick this up at a later date. Makes sense that it sounds good since Side 1 from The Name of This Band is... from the same set and that record is one of the best live albums I have heard.

They ship to Canada, which is great!
But they sent my shit UPS rather than Priority International Mail, as was listed in my cart and on my receipt, so I just got fucked for an additional $55 in taxes and "brokerage fees." 🤬

On the plus side, I guess... my stuff should arrive tomorrow instead of in a week or two, but still, I'd rather wait and still have the money (which I don't technically have in the first place!)

I've sent the shop an email explaing what happened, and am curious to see if/how they respond. I don't expect any recompense, but I did recommend they list shipping as UPS rather than Priority International Mail so people can make an informed choice. I definitely would have kept looking elsewhere if I'd known they were sending by UPS.

Not only did these asshats bilk me out of the additional $55 but they are telling me it won't arrive until Monday...

It took less than 4 days to get from New York to Spokane but somehow it's going to take at least 4 days to get from Spokane to Victoria?! That just feels like adding insult to injury! Fuckers.

I am going to try to pick this up at a later date. Makes sense that it sounds good since Side 1 from The Name of This Band is... from the same set and that record is one of the best live albums I have heard.
Yeah, I just listened to the Rhino version of that live album a few days ago. Also sounds great, but dare I say this RSD version/mastering sounds better?

My Bill Evans has a factory scratch that gives a repeating tick for a bit on side 2 song two. Anyone got a line on a store with a copy at retail. I might buy a replacement if I can find one.

Update: Just ordered a replacement from a RSD record store on Cogs that jacks up their prices a bit after the grace period. 😖. It is what it is. My copy sounds stellar except for the repeating click on the last half of Peace Piece.

Last edited:
My Bill Evans has a factory scratch that gives a repeating tick for a bit on side 2 song two. Anyone got a line on a store with a copy at retail. I might buy a replacement if I can find one.

Update: Just ordered a replacement from a RSD record store on Cogs that jacks up their prices a bit after the grace period. 😖. It is what it is. My copy sounds stellar except for the repeating click on the last half of Peace Piece.
Of course it would be on Peace Piece too 🤢. Tough break my friend 😔

Saw someone post the back cover of the Flying Burrito Brothers Live In Amsterdam RSD press, and pointed out there is a Windows 10 email notification on the second photo down on the right

NjQtNjAzNy5qcGVn.jpeg

ODUtOTY4OC5qcGVn.jpeg

Not only did these asshats bilk me out of the additional $55 but they are telling me it won't arrive until Monday...

It took less than 4 days to get from New York to Spokane but somehow it's going to take at least 4 days to get from Spokane to Victoria?! That just feels like adding insult to injury! Fuckers.

First (and by far most expensive!) round of RSD stuff has arrived...

1000004011.jpg

With a rather large corner bump on both of them! (Yet seemingly no damage whatsoever to the box :unsure: )

1000004008.jpg1000004007.jpg

...and still no sign of either of the 5% off codes I signed up for (text and email), nor any response to my (calm and polite) email about how they fucked me over by changing shipping types on me.

Suffice it to say, this will be my last order ever from Rock and Soul 😞

Back