Record Store Day 2024

192229DA-B805-4E8E-A77D-25AE17B489B6.jpeg

Apparently no one goes to Econo Jam on RSD because I rolled up at 11:45, 15 min before opening, and I was 3rd in line. Super chill vibe, exact opposite from the other shops I was at.

Decided I don’t need the Lost in Translation, if someone’s looking for it (price I paid plus shipping). (Edit: claimed)

Last edited:
@MikeH @Ghost and anyone else looking for Bill Evans “Everyone Digs,” I’m going to a shop on the other side of town (thanks @Matt M for the tip to call) that supposedly has a bunch in stock.

This shop marks up regular stuff from retail (TP’s are over $40), but there is no sales tax here. I don’t know what they’re charging for Everyone Digs, but if you’d like me to grab one for you, DM me and let me know a price cap if you have one given what I said about this shop not charging retail in some cases.

Can anyone confirm this website is legit?

Can anyone confirm this website is legit?

Idk, but I know every year they are the first to pop up with rsd titles.

I got to Princeton at 6:10am for a 10am opening. That usually puts me anywhere from 10-20 in line. As I drove up I was horrified to see that the line was already wrapped around the corner. I ended up 85th in line! As expected, many were there for Olivia Rodrigo / Noah Kahan, including the guy in front of me and the girl behind me. When we were about 10-12 from the merch, they announced that all the Olivia/Noah's were sold out. I felt so bad for them, but I told them to try Plaid Room, Bullmoose and a couple other online stores tomorrow.

It took me over 6 1/2 hours from arrival to get to the merch - I have never seen such a long line so early in the morning. I had gone there yesterday to do recon and learned that they had only received 1 copy of two items on my want list - The Hip and Malfunkshun. So, I was astounded that both were still available when it was my turn! No David Byrne / Paramore 12", no Keane, no Bowie left, but I did really well for being so far back.

Unfortunately, cell signal is abysmal there so I was unable to get online, but I do plan to go out again tomorrow, so will be happy to look through leftovers for things people still want. I had planned to go to Spin Me Round in Easton after Princeton, but after 7+ hours in the chilly rain, then hot sun, I was just too tired to make the 1hr 20 minute drive.

View attachment 200812
It is really weird that Princeton is a cell dead zone, isn’t it?

I got to Princeton at 6:10am for a 10am opening. That usually puts me anywhere from 10-20 in line. As I drove up I was horrified to see that the line was already wrapped around the corner. I ended up 85th in line! As expected, many were there for Olivia Rodrigo / Noah Kahan, including the guy in front of me and the girl behind me. When we were about 10-12 from the merch, they announced that all the Olivia/Noah's were sold out. I felt so bad for them, but I told them to try Plaid Room, Bullmoose and a couple other online stores tomorrow.

It took me over 6 1/2 hours from arrival to get to the merch - I have never seen such a long line so early in the morning. I had gone there yesterday to do recon and learned that they had only received 1 copy of two items on my want list - The Hip and Malfunkshun. So, I was astounded that both were still available when it was my turn! No David Byrne / Paramore 12", no Keane, no Bowie left, but I did really well for being so far back.

Unfortunately, cell signal is abysmal there so I was unable to get online, but I do plan to go out again tomorrow, so will be happy to look through leftovers for things people still want. I had planned to go to Spin Me Round in Easton after Princeton, but after 7+ hours in the chilly rain, then hot sun, I was just too tired to make the 1hr 20 minute drive.

View attachment 200812
PREX has free wifi, didn’t they tell you?

Back