Record Store Day 2024

A few enticing items but the bolded ones are the things I'm definitely going to try to cop. Whoever has been reissuing the Verlaines albums has been doing the lord's work...but in the exact opposite order I would be working to get their discography back in print.

Acetone
Anne Briggs (UK)
David Sylvian & Nine Horses (UK)
Durutti Column (UK)
Bob Frank
Rain Parade
Siouxsie & the Banshees
Spoonfed Hybrid
The Verlaines (thrilled to finally have this but "Ready to Fly" WHEN????)

@MikeH 💥BOOM BOOM ALERT💥

@MikeH 💥BOOM BOOM ALERT💥

@MikeH 💥BOOM BOOM ALERT💥

French list :

Japanese list :

Possibly of interest to @LeeVing?

French list :

Holy shit! More Sun Ra!!!!

French list :

You've got another I really want on that French list!

You've got another I really want on that French list!

Let me know if you need some help ;)

Possibly of interest to @LeeVing?

I think I'll pass. I don't think I've watched that movie since it was airing on HBO back in the day - and it was not good.

Most Anticipated </s>

201374946427.jpg

Yes, Little Joe sure CAN sing…but should he? You might be surprised at the answer when you learn that “Little Joe” is actually Joe Pesci (singing under the name Joe Ritchie)! Pesci cut this astonishingly rare album for Brunswick Records in 1968, and, despite his later fame, it’s never been reissued in any format.

Last edited:
This Chris Isaak release sounds pretty great. Might have to add it to my list (though I'm stilling holding out hope for Baja Sessions getting a vinyl release someday)

It’s a pretty good set. They released a one LP version of it on Black Friday 2021(?) that I picked up so kinda dumb to reissue it again but the music is great

Most Anticipated

View attachment 195407

Yes, Little Joe sure CAN sing…but should he? You might be surprised at the answer when you learn that “Little Joe” is actually Joe Pesci (singing under the name Joe Ritchie)! Pesci cut this astonishingly rare album for Brunswick Records in 1968, and, despite his later fame, it’s never been reissued in any format.
1708088287857.gif
(This is actually a cool one— surprised it hasn’t been reissued before.)

Well, it is a clearinghouse for RSD branded items from Indie Exclusives to leftover RSD stock. Only brick and mortar stores can participate. I'm mixed on whether its good idea to source that inventory in one place or if its a solution looking for a problem.

I say this because the initial sites that were open to sign up for it all run their own websites.. Conceivably with this inventory up for sale. Therefore they didnt need another site that is redundant to what they were doing. Flipside, if you didnt google search and find it already then the RSD brand may bring you to this site and introduce you to a store you didnt know.

They opened a few months before holiday and then abruptly did almost zero marketing for it.

One good thing about it, there are rules to the amount the stores can charge (just like when they sell anywhere else by the way), so you wont be gouged. Does that become a negative for these stores or is this the merch they cant sell at full price anyway?

Edit: Also, the sites now have to compete with all other stores for the lowest price, further eroding their markup.
Interesting. Sort of seems like you said - a solution searching for a problem. Maybe it helps small brick and mortars with no web presence? I wonder if their fee structure makes them more attractive than a Discogs or EBay to unload leftovers.

Back