Record Store Day 2023

DIIV.

My turntable tracks it surprisingly. Cartridge just bobbing along to the music, haha.

But I'm pretty sure I'm the Heavy Warp Champion of the world. Where's my belt?
FYI, I haven’t spun MMW but I did opened it up. It’s pressed at Gotta Groove so I have high hopes for that one. Not sure if you ended up picking it up or not.

FYI, I haven’t spun MMW but I did opened it up. It’s pressed at Gotta Groove so I have high hopes for that one. Not sure if you ended up picking it up or not.

I'm going to have to grab it. Was it a RSD First Release? I was going to wait on it, but I'm looking at these ebay prices and feeling like scooping it now, might not be a bad idea

I'm going to have to grab it. Was it a RSD First Release? I was going to wait on it, but I'm looking at these ebay prices and feeling like scooping it now, might not be a bad idea
Single LP, rice paper inner sleeve, no insert, basic jacket. Everywhere I've seen it it has been $36.99.

Plaidroom has some left and they're dropping them tomorrow at 7am CST, so I think that's 5 a.m. your time (if you're awake.)

Think they only pressed 2500 for RSD.

It’s listed as a “RSD Exclusive” but it’s part of the Real Gone Label’s MMW reissue campaign and from what I recall from them in the past I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up repressing in the future in a different color wax but who knows for sure.

It’s listed as a “RSD Exclusive” but it’s part of the Real Gone Label’s MMW reissue campaign and from what I recall from them in the past I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up repressing in the future in a different color wax but who knows for sure.
My local didn't get any, so either hope to grab one online or that they do repress it eventually.

Absolute all timer day at Seasick. Looks like the fact that OZ Records in Tuscaloosa closing sent the brunt of that college town crowd to Birmingham and it showed.

I left after my impromptu staff appearance at 1:30 and there were still 80-100 people in line.

NANNERS
I gave up on it today for the first time and it was still loaded up this afternoon. I have never seen that many people there. Happy for Dan and the shop, but I wasn't gonna wait that out for 4 hours. The cement "improvements" to the parking lot gotta go, BTW.

I gave up on it today for the first time and it was still loaded up this afternoon. I have never seen that many people there. Happy for Dan and the shop, but I wasn't gonna wait that out for 4 hours. The cement "improvements" to the parking lot gotta go, BTW.

I mentioned it before but I don't think it can be overstated that OZ Music being closed caused a huge influx of people to Seasick this year. OZ was the oldest record store in AL, is a major college town and the did a big RSD every year with live music and stuff. I'd estimate probably an extra 100-150 people slammed into the shores of Seasick just from there. I saw lots of UA and UA Law shirts in the crowd.

Also, did you talk to me? In the Black Sabbath Tshirt?

What are the odds of the Nuggets box being around online tomorrow? I don’t need it but I could be convinced to nab it.
Good question. Release of 6,000, and relatively high priced at $100, so I wouldn't expect it to be much of an impulse buy for those hitting the stores. Wouldn't be surprised if some show up online tomorrow, but they might go fast when they do.

Back