Record Store Day 2023

Good question. Release of 6,000, and relatively high priced at $100, so I wouldn't expect it to be much of an impulse buy for those hitting the stores. Wouldn't be surprised if some show up online tomorrow, but they might go fast when they do.
That's not a bad price. My local had one copy for $150 that the guy in front of me grabbed.

I mentioned it before but I don't think it can be overstated that OZ Music being closed caused a huge influx of people to Seasick this year. OZ was the oldest record store in AL, is a major college town and the did a big RSD every year with live music and stuff. I'd estimate probably an extra 100-150 people slammed into the shores of Seasick just from there. I saw lots of UA and UA Law shirts in the crowd.

Also, did you talk to me? In the Black Sabbath Tshirt?
Possibly? Did we discuss End of All Music in Jackson and 10k Hz? If you know Matty, I was talking with him for a while near the DJs near the late 500s tickets.

Not sure what this is supposed to cost, but Music Connection (NH) has some RSD inventory up on Discogs, including Magnetic Fields for $50+$5: The Magnetic Fields - i: LP, Album, RSD, Gol For Sale | Discogs

So…that’s weird. Because that’s my local and some of those are well in excess of what they were charging in store. Not cool dudes. Especially given they are very consistent at adhering to RSD pricing in store at least for a while and probably the fairest store around in terms of process

That Magnetic Fields is at an upcharge

Last edited:
Good question. Release of 6,000, and relatively high priced at $100, so I wouldn't expect it to be much of an impulse buy for those hitting the stores. Wouldn't be surprised if some show up online tomorrow, but they might go fast when they do.
High priced?? I got mine totally on impulse, at $125 CDN for a 5 LP set it is the bargain of the year. The worn out shit that Zev was peddling, like the lame Bill Evans, were almost as much for a double LP.

High priced?? I got mine totally on impulse, at $125 CDN for a 5 LP set it is the bargain of the year. The worn out shit that Zev was peddling, like the lame Bill Evans, were almost as much for a double LP.
I don't doubt that I could be misreading the RSD population in thinking a $100+ record wouldn't be the first thing you'd grab unless it was something you knew you wanted, but that was my thinking about whether/why there might be copies tomorrow. A bit of projection (and hopefulness), I guess.

Discogs really needs to do something about the obvious scam accounts popping up left and right and taking people for a ride on rsd. So many brand new accounts selling things at bogus prices (lower than retail, free shipping, etc) like the Cake boxset for $70. Lots of RSD flipper accounts that are also new and look fishy. There should be a delay from account creation to selling and some kind of verification system. Relying on Paypal to refund all of these is going to cause trouble.

Back