Record Store Day 2023

There's a lot of stuff I'd like, but am gambling that most of it will be available later. For example, based on history, Jonathan Richman is usually gettable later, even though it's usually top of my list. I just dumped a good amount of change flying to Berkely for a 3-night run of Phish shows, so I'm trying to zero in on the stuff on my list I think might be hard to find later.

Taylor Swift seems to be flying off the shelves even with those pressing numbers, but I'm gonna try anyway. My sister is such a hardcore fan, she's flying to Nashville to see her. She's tried to explain the fanbase to me and it always sounds like she's describing Phish. Secret messages and hints to interpret. Ticket lotteries and a network of friends across the country working together to secure tickets. Parts where the crowd sings along. I always tell her, "Yeah. I hear you, but none of this sounds unfamiliar to me." It gives me an idea of how in it some of them really are, though.

There's a lot of stuff I'd like, but am gambling that most of it will be available later. For example, based on history, Jonathan Richman is usually gettable later, even though it's usually top of my list. I just dumped a good amount of change flying to Berkely for a 3-night run of Phish shows, so I'm trying to zero in on the stuff on my list I think might be hard to find later.

Taylor Swift seems to be flying off the shelves even with those pressing numbers, but I'm gonna try anyway. My sister is such a hardcore fan, she's flying to Nashville to see her. She's tried to explain the fanbase to me and it always sounds like she's describing Phish. Secret messages and hints to interpret. Ticket lotteries and a network of friends across the country working together to secure tickets. Parts where the crowd sings along. I always tell her, "Yeah. I hear you, but none of this sounds unfamiliar to me." It gives me an idea of how in it some of them really are, though.
I'm also hoping to get Taylor online tomorrow. If by some chance she sells 75k in one day I think for sure they repress it in some form - she's way too savvy a businesswoman to leave all that cash on the table.

For those interested in the Blakey, it’s rather interesting…personally not what I expected at all. Very lo-fi recording and has a vocalist (Andy Bey), which I didn’t realize before buying. Just a heads up, probably great for completists, but not necessarily what I was expecting as a general Blakey fan.

For those interested in the Blakey, it’s rather interesting…personally not what I expected at all. Very lo-fi recording and has a vocalist (Andy Bey), which I didn’t realize before buying. Just a heads up, probably great for completists, but not necessarily what I was expecting as a general Blakey fan.
I'm not the best vocal jazz guy but a big Blakey guy. Still worth?

I'm not the best vocal jazz guy but a big Blakey guy. Still worth?
Personally disappointed by it, but you may not be. Just wasn’t what I was expecting, tbh. I love Blakey, but didn’t think the recording/performance was necessarily up to the hype that it was described as. I understand the historical significance of it being the only recording by that iteration, but the sound was pretty rough.

Posted in the RSD Help thread but I'll post here as well since there's more traffic :D. Shut out at my local. Looking for:

Son Volt - Day of the Doug

418467231997:360

T-Swizzle - The Long Pond Studio Sessions

418467231786:800

3 for 3 and a pretty chill experience at a small shop that gets very low RSD quantities overall, but almost always gets the jazz titles, and very few of their customers are into jazz, and the local jazz heads don’t seem to know this shop gets jazz titles. Showed up at 10.30 for 11am opening. About 10th in line, with 20-30 people behind me. Two years ago I was first and only customer when I waltzedup at 11am opening.
362D4C9C-9E24-4027-A1BD-1313667B8A5E.jpeg

Last edited:
Back