Record Store Day 2023

Just like many others, looking for a copy of the Larry Lovestein. And my fiancé just mentioned she wouldn’t be upset if I was able to find a copy of the Taylor Swift record.

I’m on my way to Josey Records in Dallas. Hopes aren’t high for my wants, but will keep an eye out for others.

Hundreds in line at my local, they were overwhelmed despite tickets being provided. They could only cycle 60 people through the store in the first hour. I ended up leaving without going in due to the long unmoving line, which usually doesn't happen at this local to this degree. I guess i no longer feel the need to arrive at dawn to find overnight line folks and still wait 4 hours amid vape smoke. 50% of the line were Swift fans...wish they had formed a seperate line for them because many said that LP was all they were there to buy. I'll shop online tomorrow.

That Verlaines album is stellar. I’m not going after the RSD one since I have a US 80’s copy already that sounds good, but it is such a great record and one of the best to come out of that Dunedin scene.
same deal for me, happy with my copy but this one of the best records of the era. encouraging people who dig 80s indie/college rock to buy this (and not only because i am desperate for reissues of their later records)

Last edited:
showed up about 2 hours early at a lower-key spot in the city and was 10th in line. i had no trouble getting my somewhat esoteric top wants (prefab sprout, dismemberment plan, sun ra, galt macdermot) but i was sad to watch the last chet lp vanish in front of my eyes.

spinning the d-plan now, mastering sounds very good if a little bit veiled, pressing is maybe slightly noisy but i’m a happy camper

Back