Record Store Day 2023

The problem with RSD Firsts is that a lot of them never actually get that second press
Ok, see now I’m NOT losing my mind. I was just thinking about that the other day and felt like more than a few “firsts” never saw a later pressing. I mean, I’ll be damned if I can name any specifically, but I know I had the thought “I’ll grab that later” but later never came.

Ok, see now I’m NOT losing my mind. I was just thinking about that the other day and felt like more than a few “firsts” never saw a later pressing. I mean, I’ll be damned if I can name any specifically, but I know I had the thought “I’ll grab that later” but later never came.

Yeah Steve Hoffman Forum was naming off a bunch that never got the RSD First rerun, so say were very skeptical of missing any with that tag

The National - Boxer Live In Brussels was listed as a RSD first and it was eventually rereleased with a larger run…on CD.

These are the only RSD firsts later repressed that I can think of:
Jeff Tweedy ~ Warmer
Uncle Tupelo ~ Live at Lounge Ax

These are the only RSD firsts later repressed that I can think of:
Jeff Tweedy ~ Warmer
Uncle Tupelo ~ Live at Lounge Ax
When a label offers to RSD as a RSD First, it simply means the label reserves the right to repress, as a heads up that it may not be entirely exclusive. But if the title isn't hot on RSD, or for any other reason, a repress is not guaranteed.

My local just released their stock list fro RSD.

£92 for the Bill Evans release.....bloody hell.
£63 for the Charlie Parker.....bloody hell.
£58 for the Chet Baker.....bloody hell.

Bloody hell indeed.

There are a few things I would like that I know are just gonna be too damned expensive. At this point I'm only looking for the Amythyst Kiah EP

My local just released their stock list fro RSD.

£92 for the Bill Evans release.....bloody hell.
£63 for the Charlie Parker.....bloody hell.
£58 for the Chet Baker.....bloody hell.

Wow! I was on the fence for that Nuggets box but I am not anymore... Pretty sure lot of these releases will end in the discount bins in a few weeks or months.

Taylor Swift is £52,99
Sunn O))) / Boris is £38,99
Sigur Ros is £43,99
Chet Baker Mono is £33,99
RZA as Bobby Digital is £38,99
Cesaria Evora is £35,99
Nuggets Boxset is £143,99

Back