Record Store Day 2023

Did anyone pick up U2 Under A Blood Red Sky? I'm curious how it sounds. Not $40 curious but "if I find it discounted in a few weeks" curious.
I did, and it sounds great. I paid $39 at my local shop, a friend paid $47 at Newbury! It's such an iconic recording, even though I have an OG (with Send in the Clowns) I wanted this reissue as I used to listen to the cassette in my car incessantly.

Don't know if this just went live but I just got the email got Hi Voltage's RSD leftovers

Don't know if this just went live but I just got the email got Hi Voltage's RSD leftovers
According to the site their remaining inventory was supposed to on sale online Sunday 11/27 at 7:00 PM PST according to their site but their are a few issues with that.

11/27 is Monday not Sunday and it looks like you can add RSD items to my cart now at 5:51 PM so who knows when they went live.

According to the site their remaining inventory was supposed to on sale online Sunday 11/27 at 7:00 PM PST according to their site but their are a few issues with that.

11/27 is Monday not Sunday and it looks like you can add RSD items to my cart now at 5:51 PM so who knows when they went live.
I'm seeing: "Remainders available online Nov. 26th, 2023 at 7PM PST - Subject to availability" on some stuff like the Noah Kahan. Otherwise, many are up already it seems...

I'm seeing: "Remainders available online Nov. 26th, 2023 at 7PM PST - Subject to availability" on some stuff like the Noah Kahan. Otherwise, many are up already it seems...
Yeah, I am pretty sure that is the message that displays for any titles that are out of stock. If you click on their RSD section of their site any of the titles listed were available but any "unavailable" title gives you that message.

I'm seeing a lot of rsd stuff on Discogs at heavily discounted prices already.

Yep. Flaming Lips is already discounted 30%ish, the Noise for Now comp is below $15 that I think was around $30. On the other hand the harder to get stuff spiked up super quick too, though I assume that’ll settle.

YellowDogDiscs has 15% off all records including leftover RSD stuff right now.

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't buy more LPs. It is somewhat disheartening seeing something I snagged at full price going for less so soon, but then I remind myself that one of my favorite locals is getting the $$$ and I feel better.

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't buy more LPs. It is somewhat disheartening seeing something I snagged at full price going for less so soon, but then I remind myself that one of my favorite locals is getting the $$$ and I feel better.

I buy the Czarface releases every time and they are always around later, but it doesn't bother me. Esoteric, 7L, and Lamour Supreme hung out and talked with us for hours at an art exhibit they had years ago. They were all super cool to my kid. I always want to support them along with my local shops.

Last edited:
Back