Record Store Day 2023

I haven't unsealed it yet! (I still have multiple RSD items to spin) But I will let you know once I do. A friend who picked it up said it sounds great.
I hate picture discs -- often they sound trash, but also I like the art and picture discs sort of....ruin that. but if that's the only way to get it (like bloodflowers) I'll hold my nose and put up with it.

I don’t like picture discs but mostly because they mess up the jacket art. All of these Cure RSD picture discs sound fine to me (I have Wish, Show, Wild Mood Swings, and Bloodflowers). Obviously not audiophile quality, which we can’t reasonably expect considering that Robert Smith usually handles these mixes and he’s been half deaf for ages now. PLAY IT LOUD, amirite?

Put suggestions in!

They are doing suggestions for future RSD titles!

In addition to Morphine - The Night, I submitted these two. Please pile on if you see fit...

Critters Buggin' - Guest
Such a fun, diverse recording that's never seen a stylus...

The Streetwalkin' Cheetahs - Live On KLXU
In my house, the modern bridge of punk and Detroit rock and roll. @ranbalam @djdavedk - y'all hip to these guys? Unrelenting and infinitely enjoyable...

Last edited:
In addition to Morphine - The Night, I submitted these two. Please pile on if you see fit...

Critters Buggin' - Guest
Such a fun, diverse recording that's never seen a stylus...

The Streetwalkin' Cheetahs - Live On KLXU
In my house, the modern bridge of punk and Detroit rock and roll. @ranbalam @djdavedk - y'all hip to these guys? Unrelenting and infinitely enjoyable...

Killer!

Listening now. This is fiyaaaah

Critters Buggin' is great. They're from Seattle, so they used to play around here a LOT If you haven't checked out Skerik or Mike Dillon's million other projects it's worth it. They both went on to form Garage A Trois and the Dead Kenny G's. Matt Chamberlain (who's played with everyone including Pearl Jam) was the drummer. I always thought it was weird that he and bassist, Brad Houser, were originally in Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians.

Skerik was an endless number of projects including Les Claypool's Flying Frog Brigade and Crack Sabbath. I really used to love this one in particular and played the CD until it skipped.

Critters Buggin' is great. They're from Seattle, so they used to play around here a LOT If you haven't checked out Skerik or Mike Dillon's million other projects it's worth it. They both went on to form Garage A Trois and the Dead Kenny G's. Matt Chamberlain (who's played with everyone including Pearl Jam) was the drummer. I always thought it was weird that he and bassist, Brad Houser, were originally in Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians.

Skerik was an endless number of projects including Les Claypool's Flying Frog Brigade and Crack Sabbath. I really used to love this one in particular and played the CD until it skipped.

You should buy the CD again. That album is so good!

Man, I used to keep the shelves stocked with that CD all day long. Just seeing that cover made me time travel for a second

You should buy the CD again. That album is so good!

Yeah, it's great. I'm listening to it on bandcamp right now. They should just press the fucking thing.
Man, I used to keep the shelves stocked with that CD all day long. Just seeing that cover made me time travel for a second

I remember when Camelot Music... or maybe it was Sam Goody.. or maybe both... Anyway, when they'd go out of business and everything would go on dirt cheap clearance, I would just roll through at the end and look at the leftover scraps to find shit, because nobody ever bought what I wanted. That's how I got the Taint Septet CD, along with the first Mike Gordon solo album, Inside In.

It looks like we can't upload attachments for the time being? Here's a link to a photo I once took of Skerik at his home for some UK magazine that was doing a saxophonist issue.

We were in his garage/studio. There was an Earth poster in there, because he had a roommate that was playing with Earth at the time. On the upper right, that's an RIAA Certified record from the Mad Season album, because Skerik played on that, too. On the left is a CD of Iron Maiden's Number Of The Beast and it says, "In Case Of Hippies, Break Glass." Another thing he had in there was an action figure from the old sci-fi show V where the face comes off to reveal the lizard alien head underneath. I'd been trying to describe those to people for years, because I remembered seeing them as a kid, and nobody ever knew what the fuck I was talking about. When I asked about it, he told me that he'd been hired to help promote the show when it first came out. They basically just paid him to walk around downtown dressed like he was on the show and they also gave him the doll.

Yeah, it's great. I'm listening to it on bandcamp right now. They should just press the fucking thing.

I remember when Camelot Music... or maybe it was Sam Goody.. or maybe both... Anyway, when they'd go out of business and everything would go on dirt cheap clearance, I would just roll through at the end and look at the leftover scraps to find shit, because nobody ever bought what I wanted. That's how I got the Taint Septet CD, along with the first Mike Gordon solo album, Inside In.

It looks like we can't upload attachments for the time being? Here's a link to a photo I once took of Skerik at his home for some UK magazine that was doing a saxophonist issue.

We were in his garage/studio. There was an Earth poster in there, because he had a roommate that was playing with Earth at the time. On the upper right, that's an RIAA Certified record from the Mad Season album, because Skerik played on that, too. On the left is a CD of Iron Maiden's Number Of The Beast and it says, "In Case Of Hippies, Break Glass." Another thing he had in there was an action figure from the old sci-fi show V where the face comes off to reveal the lizard alien head underneath. I'd been trying to describe those to people for years, because I remembered seeing them as a kid, and nobody ever knew what the fuck I was talking about. When I asked about it, he told me that he'd been hired to help promote the show when it first came out. They basically just paid him to walk around downtown dressed like he was on the show and they also gave him the doll.

I get to see Skerik in two weeks with Les and the Frog Brigade. Hoping he is in good health (read he was having some back issues). Really stoked the Frog Brigade is doing another round of shows. Hoping to hear Skerik rip on Hendershot, and maybe they'll jam out some other tunes.

You are deep, deep in my wheelhouse. Caught Critters when I moved to Portland in ‘98 and was blown away. Top 5 band for me.m. I’ve seen many (most, really) of Skerik’s and Mike D’s various groups/projects in pacNW, a ton in Nola during too many late night performances during various Jazz Fests, in NY/NJ, and elsewhere.

I have a bunch of live recordings of many of these groups if you’re interested. PM me.

Back