Record Store Day 2023

Would be interested if my EU/UK guys found the Art Blakey record? My local only had one (they asked for 15) but they told me they were expecting a lot more next week.

That’s insane.

Seems like this list really drawing people out this year. Will be interested to see how online sales go tbh, me thinks they might be pretty hard to come by for some items. Didn’t really realize how solid the list was until the last few days, seeing the hype all over the place unlike the last few years around here.

A friend in CT was able to grab the PJ and Soul Asylum for me. His store takes your list and lets you know what you get. He was first in line so got pretty much everything he wants. Store opens in 5 mins, so he’ll be on his way home in a few minutes.

I’m going to head out later once the swifty lines subside

Just posted up at 5:55am outside of Lilliput Records in Milwaukee and this is the longest I've ever seen this line. I'm around 100-110 in line. They open at 7am and I probably won't be getting in until 7:30-7:45am at the earliest. Glad I layered, but I should've grabbed my other coat.
Until last year when TS was the ambassador; I'd get there around that time and be about 10th in line.
Unfortunately I'm working a double today and can't make it out, but did stop in at Acme yesterday to take a look at the crazy collection Ken got in.

Until last year when TS was the ambassador; I'd get there around that time and be about 10th in line.
Unfortunately I'm working a double today and can't make it out, but did stop in at Acme yesterday to take a look at the crazy collection Ken got in.
Nice! Couldn't make it to Acme yesterday, but definitely gonna drop some coin there after the week he's had. Anything essential you want me to keep an eye out for for you?

Back