Record Store Day 2023

Oh! There it is. I forgot about some of this like how he tried to shame someone on reddit by digging up their old unrelated post, because they questioned something about one of his releases.
I have a couple of those releases and I’ve been debating offloading them because I haven’t listened to them and idk what I’d get for them since they are so niché.

That was my thought and I don't care if it's on black.
Benefit of skipping the first go around with MMW is you can read pressing reviews.

In my experience, RSD cab be a shit show as to what you'll get, pressing-wise. I've had duplicate discs before, tons of warps, off-center pressings, with very little recourse other than bothering some local shop for a return, which I generally dont like to do.

I just noticed that Rough Trade started listing RSD releases with prices on their site.

Oh boy, I can't wait to line up in midtown for a nearly $50 record with a 115k run.

I just noticed that Rough Trade started listing RSD releases with prices on their site.

Oh boy, I can't wait to line up in midtown for a nearly $50 record with a 115k run.
I like that it says "Limited to 115,000" 🤣🤣🤣

I'm curious how many record stores participate in RSD across the globe. Let's say there are 1000. That means, if evenly distributed, every shop gets 115 copies of Taylor Swift.

Finally got to take a more comprehensive look at the list, while also checking out the Canadian, UK and Japanese lists, here's where I seem to stand:

MUST GETS

Amythyst Kiah
Soul Asylum
Sun Ra
Jason Isbell & Amanda Shires

REALLY WANT

Max Roach & Archie Shepp
Tricky [UK LIST]
Raphael Saadiq
P.M. Dawn

WOULD LIKE

Miles Davis
Poe
54-50 [CANADA LIST]
200% Dynamite
Junkhouse [CANADA LIST]

Beyond these, there are a dozen and a half or two dozen releases I would happily scoop up in blowout sales down the road but would also not miss terribly if I don't get them at all.

Just noticed this one. This was a highly rated comp when it 1st came out. Lots of extras in this RSD edition. 🤔

“50th anniversary of the groundbreaking and influential compilation of the first generation of psychedelic artists curated by Lenny Kaye. This box set includes the original 2-LP set, the planned but unreleased Vol. 2, and a single LP of songs that were considered for the original set, but didn't make the final cut. Like the original, this set is curated by Lenny Kaye and with the full involvement of Jac Holzman - the original pioneers of Nuggets. Lenny is also writing new complete notes.”

Just noticed this one. This was a highly rated comp when it 1st came out. Lots of extras in this RSD edition. 🤔

“50th anniversary of the groundbreaking and influential compilation of the first generation of psychedelic artists curated by Lenny Kaye. This box set includes the original 2-LP set, the planned but unreleased Vol. 2, and a single LP of songs that were considered for the original set, but didn't make the final cut. Like the original, this set is curated by Lenny Kaye and with the full involvement of Jac Holzman - the original pioneers of Nuggets. Lenny is also writing new complete notes.”

I may grab this one. It will all depend on how much my local will ask for it.

Listened to Flash and the Dynamics this morning. It's being reissued by Craft and I am tempted too

Back