Record Store Day 2022

I just got my copy in today. I must say it’s an impressive sounding pressing of the album. Much better than the original I had.
lalalala.gif

I saw on FB one shop in Omaha already marking down every 2022 RSD Black Friday title 50%, in store only. I think shops are tired of carrying all that stuff and would rather get back as much as possible.
It’s been happening more and more lately. Yellow dog discs did 20% off already this year. REB did some $10 and $15 sales last RSD. I snagged stuff that was $50 retail for $10.

was there anything unique about the Brandi Carlile RSD UK release? I've seen it at a few places but can't seem to find any specifics on what made it a RSD exclusive?

was there anything unique about the Brandi Carlile RSD UK release? I've seen it at a few places but can't seem to find any specifics on what made it a RSD exclusive?

I think maybe it was just an RSD first/regular release with an RSD release date

From Plaid Room -

"Hey y'all, you're receiving this email because you purchased an item from us on Saturday, November 26th. Due to the volume of orders we will be processing from that day, your order will see some delays in handling time. We normally aim for 48 hour handling, but this batch of orders will take us between 10-12 days to process. For a specific time, we aim to have 100% of orders out the door by NEXT Wednesday (December 7th) at the absolute latest! We will do our absolute best to get your order out as soon as possible, but we also want to make sure orders are packaged properly so your items make it to you in great shape!

A quick note on this particular RSD....we normally would have had all of these orders out the door by now. Since last Friday morning, we've received close to 4,000 orders. The team has processed over 3,000 of these. We were really hoping to have every Black Friday order processed by this evening, but COVID had other plans. I'm sure plenty of folks are tired of hearing about COVID by now - but it definitely showed up at our business last week in a very bad way at a very bad time of the year. It started with my Mom and Dad - who are two of my absolute all star workers. That set us back 80+ man-hours last week. Plus, I took some time off visit the hospital and get groceries for my parents while their hell week was going on. This week we've had 3 others test positive and 2 others have been out sick (including myself) for non-COVID related illnesses. I won't draw out my complaining any more than that - it should suffice to say that this has been a very challenging week for our business and our families. We appreciate your patience.

If you have ANY concerns regarding this processing/handling time, PLEASE reach out now.

Now, back to packing boxes!
Cheers,
Bob"

@Plaid Room / Colemine - Take of of yourselves and hope you and yours are healthy very soon! Don't worry about our silly pieces of vinyl.

From Plaid Room -

"Hey y'all, you're receiving this email because you purchased an item from us on Saturday, November 26th. Due to the volume of orders we will be processing from that day, your order will see some delays in handling time. We normally aim for 48 hour handling, but this batch of orders will take us between 10-12 days to process. For a specific time, we aim to have 100% of orders out the door by NEXT Wednesday (December 7th) at the absolute latest! We will do our absolute best to get your order out as soon as possible, but we also want to make sure orders are packaged properly so your items make it to you in great shape!

A quick note on this particular RSD....we normally would have had all of these orders out the door by now. Since last Friday morning, we've received close to 4,000 orders. The team has processed over 3,000 of these. We were really hoping to have every Black Friday order processed by this evening, but COVID had other plans. I'm sure plenty of folks are tired of hearing about COVID by now - but it definitely showed up at our business last week in a very bad way at a very bad time of the year. It started with my Mom and Dad - who are two of my absolute all star workers. That set us back 80+ man-hours last week. Plus, I took some time off visit the hospital and get groceries for my parents while their hell week was going on. This week we've had 3 others test positive and 2 others have been out sick (including myself) for non-COVID related illnesses. I won't draw out my complaining any more than that - it should suffice to say that this has been a very challenging week for our business and our families. We appreciate your patience.

If you have ANY concerns regarding this processing/handling time, PLEASE reach out now.

Now, back to packing boxes!
Cheers,
Bob"

@Plaid Room / Colemine - Take of of yourselves and hope you and yours are healthy very soon! Don't worry about our silly pieces of vinyl.

Having just been laid out by Covid for three weeks and feeling like a bus had run over me and I’m still not back to normal I feel their pain. One of my workplaces lost 6/8 staff last week to Covid following a Christmas staff event ....unfortunately it’s still around causing chaos

Her: "what were you dreaming about babe? was it me?"

What we were dreaming about:

View attachment 159739

In high school I was watching a band doco with my then girlfriend. There was an old live clip of a song, and she turns to me and says, "What does that make you think of?" And I said, "I'm wondering if this clip will be old enough to have the fourth verse that was removed before they recorded it." Apparently this was NOT the correct answer.

Back