Record Store Day 2022

I thought that Hassaan Ibn Ali would be really sought-after. But lots of places are charging significantly less than I paid for mine already on discogs:
I havet seen a single copy in the UK, not even sure it made it over here at this point!

I think this will be the first marquee RSD release we see hit the 50% off leftovers RSD sales.
What’s utterly ridiculous to me, is that the pj was a large release - over 20k pieces, yet they chose to release a ten club different colored variant on Sunday morning. I knew the RSD release was a first release, but damn, they couldn’t even wait a week?

There were a lot of leftovers in Princeton, quite a few from April as well.

I thought that Hassaan Ibn Ali would be really sought-after. But lots of places are charging significantly less than I paid for mine already on discogs:
I had two local US shops tell me they didn't order any because it was a box and almost no one indicated interest in the pre-order survey. I suspect the jazz savvy shops knew who he was and picked up a few copies.

Speaking of UK, any leads on the League Unlimited Orchestra? Those vanished quickly. Any comments on the Purple Machine Human League remix 12'?

I had two local US shops tell me they didn't order any because it was a box and almost no one indicated interest in the pre-order survey. I suspect the jazz savvy shops knew who he was and picked up a few copies.

Speaking of UK, any leads on the League Unlimited Orchestra? Those vanished quickly. Any comments on the Purple Machine Human League remix 12'?
The last release they did of his sold out and seemed pretty popular. He isn’t a household name though. Still thought this would be pretty popular amongst jazz fans.

Records I ordered from RSD have been trickling in. Received the Prince and Miles Davis records I ordered from RockAndSoul.com, and sad to report the packaging was terrible. They used one of those white boxes that fold over, and it was obviously too small for the two 2LP sets they packaged. Not evidenced in the pictures are the warps on the Miles records. I reached out to them to see what they say, but I will not be buying from them again.
F83EF2E0-5C39-4EED-924B-8C5E89B031B7.jpeg
313ED624-F220-490F-A9F0-4461172D4355.jpeg
0554C7AD-0A43-4920-B58E-9630498F1CD8.jpeg
51C8D024-EDB9-4170-B904-6DB530425547.jpeg
CF02DD5C-2D09-47DA-8536-222FB0F7D45A.jpeg
2DDD6DB6-B0D1-4298-B345-FD029097704C.jpeg

Records I ordered from RSD have been trickling in. Received the Prince and Miles Davis records I ordered from RockAndSoul.com, and sad to report the packaging was terrible. They used one of those white boxes that fold over, and it was obviously too small for the two 2LP sets they packaged. Not evidenced in the pictures are the warps on the Miles records. I reached out to them to see what they say, but I will not be buying from them again.
View attachment 143780
View attachment 143781
View attachment 143782
View attachment 143783
View attachment 143784
View attachment 143786
Damn. Big disappointment about the packaging! I can’t believe that shops that sell records online in 2022 still don’t know how to mail records properly.

I was really shocked, honestly. I could understand if it was a seller on Discogs/eBay, but an online shop?

Honestly shops are often worse. I know as a collector I overpack things I sell on cogs and the stuff I buy from other collectors are 9/10 the same. A lot of shops will just bang them in a mailer.

Last edited:
Honestly shops are often worse. I know as a collector I overpack and things I buy off cogs from other collectors are 9/10 the same. A lot of shops will just bang them in a mailer.
And I think a lot of shops started selling online during the pandemic without actually knowing how to ship records (or without caring)

Did your records arrive beat to hell like mine?

Mine arrived on Thursday in a white mailer as well, but weren't damaged. The first disc of my Miles has a pretty good warp, but plays and sounds fine.

Interested to read what they have to say in response to your email. Sorry to see your order arrived in that condition.

Back