Record Store Day 2022

It's Princeton Record Exchange. They don't do a lot of online sales, started during the height of covid on discogs, but most of it is in store. Everyone there is so great. I'm so lucky to have them nearby.
I make sure to stop here every summer on the way to or from the Jersey Shore. Sort of glad it’s not my local considering how much I spend, haha. One of the best stores I’ve ever been in :)

Picked up Prince and Kali Uchis for RSD at Lou's in Encinitas. Pretty cool little store. Also grabbed Arca's Kick iii, new Andrew Bird, and JARV IS... (because I'm trying to complete my Jarvis Cocker collection.)

Picked up Prince and Kali Uchis for RSD at Lou's in Encinitas. Pretty cool little store. Also grabbed Arca's Kick iii, new Andrew Bird, and JARV IS... (because I'm trying to complete my Jarvis Cocker collection.)
Lou's use to occupy both buildings....the larger one on the left was the "new" side, and the one currently operating on the right was just for used titles. Then online shopping happened.

Managed to pick up everything I was after, plus a few impulse buys:

View attachment 143193

For anyone into Steely Dan, the Linda Hoover album was produced by Gary Katz and about half the songs are written by Becker & Fagen, who also play alone the album alongside Denny Diaz and Jeff "Skunk" Baxter. If you're familiar with the pre-Dan track, "Roll Back the Meaning" and "I Mean to Shine" was a Becker & Fagen song later recorded by Barbara Streisand. This is the first release of this 1970 album, which was apparently shelved due to some weird business disagreements.

I also lucked out with some great used finds across the six stores I visited over the weekend, plus picked up the Flamin' Groovies Shake Some Action reissue from Jackpot, the Smile, Leo Nocentelli, and a fantastic Trojan comp:

View attachment 143195
Mapenzi rules! Need to get a copy of that…

Reactions: .Z.
I was incredibly happy to find that. Down to just Blue Soul and a couple of his sessions as a sideman (w/ Cedar Walton, Junior Cook) and then I think I'll be good on Blue Mitchell, but Mapenzi was a big one.
I’ve had Mapenzi in my cart a bunch of times or eBay wishlist but never pulled the trigger yet. Need to grab it next time I see it

Anyone in the UK (or elsewhere for that matter) bought or seen a copy of the Hasaan Ibn Ali — Retrospect In Retirement Of Delay?

It was the only album I was hoping to get this RSD but haven't seen it anywhere other than Rough Trade US.

Main thing I was after was the Sun's Signature EP, which I got on Saturday. Ended up popping back into town on Sunday for the two Beth Orton albums, even if they were a little more expensive than I'd have liked. Picked up the League Unlimited Orchestra's 'Love and Dancing'...but a much cheaper second hand copy that plays pretty much NM after a wet clean.

Anyone in the UK (or elsewhere for that matter) bought or seen a copy of the Hasaan Ibn Ali — Retrospect In Retirement Of Delay?

It was the only album I was hoping to get this RSD but haven't seen it anywhere other than Rough Trade US.
I got a copy of it en route to me. It was at a lot of US shops online.

Back