RECORD STORE DAY 2022 - Those of us who can't make it and hoping for...

Woke up later this morning but I've been clicking furiously on the posted store links. Seeing a lot of the same stuff it looks like no one really wants.

Telling myself I don't need anything else.. stop looking.

*breathes furiously into paper bag*

Ah, I now know how The Record Exchange in Salem has RSD titles the that either sold out or they never got in after RSD / the next weekend.

The owner drives around and hits up various record stores like Bull Moose buying leftover stock. He's going to keep an eye out for Sara Bareilles for me but I'm not holding my breath that any are left anywhere.

I would never have expected this as he doesn't mark up the prices.

Does that James Blake sound good on vinyl? I’m starting to listen to it a little bit and it’s a real pretty EP

Does that James Blake sound good on vinyl? I’m starting to listen to it a little bit and it’s a real pretty EP
I held off because the discogs reviews seemed meh. But then I remembered that most people don’t clean their records and trust @waruv over random discogs reviews!

The cover of Godspeed by Frank Ocean is worth the price alone. Such a beautiful cover

I held off because the discogs reviews seemed meh. But then I remembered that most people don’t clean their records and trust @waruv over random discogs reviews!

The cover of Godspeed by Frank Ocean is worth the price alone. Such a beautiful cover
I hope I'm not overselling it but mine has no defects and I found a lot of depth in it. Fingers crossed my experience is shared

I'm keeping my eye on Silver Platter Records right now.

Their RSD titles haven't gone live yet as they are on west coast time. Though I can't tell if they have inventory or not. Every RSD title just shows "This item is not available at this time"

It would tell you what's in stock at which shop, just not allow you to order online. I live in Seattle. Other RSD titles that are in stock, state as much

Anyone run accross any Bel Biv Devoe? Struck out on that yesterday and seems to be out everywhere online.

Back