Record Sleeve Recommendation Thread

Hi! Does anyone have a recommendation for outer vinyl sleeves? I’ll be moving soon and I want to put my albums in sleeves to protect them in transit. I don’t want to spend too much and honestly will probably remove them once I’m in my new space…so cheap is cool as long as they are decent quality. I probably need about 200-300. Thanks

Hi! Does anyone have a recommendation for outer vinyl sleeves? I’ll be moving soon and I want to put my albums in sleeves to protect them in transit. I don’t want to spend too much and honestly will probably remove them once I’m in my new space…so cheap is cool as long as they are decent quality. I probably need about 200-300. Thanks
I think you'll find a lot of recommendations if you read through this thread. Also, if you're going to remove them after you move, I'm not sure how "decent quality" would be defined, since it seems that protection is your primary goal and almost any quality will provide that for a move. It's once you get into durability, clarity of materials, ease of use, etc. that quality typically is considered with outer sleeves, and since you mostly get what you pay for, these wouldn't seem like qualities you need to worry about.

Why don’t you want them in sleeves?

These are little bigger than I would use for a regular outer jacket but will work well on most gatefolds as well. Decent quality, probably the best deal you are going to get right now:

Amazon product ASIN B00FA82LM2
If you are contemplating keeping them after then grab a five hundred pack of the Hudson Hifi. $83.99 right now but very likely to go on sale before Christmas.

These are little bigger than I would use for a regular outer jacket but will work well on most gatefolds as well. Decent quality, probably the best deal you are going to get right now:

If you are contemplating keeping them after then grab a five hundred pack of the Hudson Hifi. $83.99 right now but very likely to go on sale before Christmas.
I hope they do go on sale then, I need another 500 pack.

If you are contemplating keeping them after then grab a five hundred pack of the Hudson Hifi. $83.99 right now but very likely to go on sale before
Thanks Lee! I think I’m going to go with the Hudson Hifi and see how I feel about them. I have some albums in sleeves and I don’t really like how they look but maybe I just haven’t found the right ones yet. But this is a pretty good price for 500 so I think I’m just going to do it and keep them on to protect them. Thanks again!

Thanks Lee! I think I’m going to go with the Hudson Hifi and see how I feel about them. I have some albums in sleeves and I don’t really like how they look but maybe I just haven’t found the right ones yet. But this is a pretty good price for 500 so I think I’m just going to do it and keep them on to protect them. Thanks again!
I use Clear Bags and you don't really notice they're even on there as they are super clear.

Here's the link to them on Amazon - Amazon product ASIN B00O4XS7IQ

I'd try one pack of Hudson and see what ya think. Their inner sleeves are excellent but i haven't used their outers.

The Vinyl Storage Solutions or Sleeve City ones are real nice, thick and crystal clear but you may not need/want that and they are definitely more expensive than the Clear Bags/Hudson/Sleevie Wonder sleeves. So Hudson may do the trick for ya.

What do you mean by thinner?
Some sets I have (El Mocambo, Cornell ‘77, etc) are 3/4” thick in their boxes and the Sleeve City box sets sleeves look HUGE on them. These sleeves are great for those as well as some of the deluxe editions that have come out lately. I’m just anal about “fit” I guess.

That’s what she said…

Not sure if I’ll order from Sleevie Wonder again. Sleeves came rolled up in an elongated box and the first sleeve I tried split on both sides.

* I did order 5 but there were 6. I also went with the sleeves with flap and it’s a little cumbersome to seal up so maybe the no flap is better. I just didn’t care for the shipping method.
IMG_1081.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure if I’ll order from Sleevie Wonder again. Sleeves came rolled up in an elongated box and the first sleeve I tried split on both sides.

* I did order 5 but there were 6. I also went with the sleeves with flap and it’s a little cumbersome to seal up so maybe the no flap is better. I just didn’t care for the shipping method.
View attachment 190791
I know VSS and sleeve city sleeves are on the expensive side but they are definitely at another tier of quality over many other cheaper brands. I think I’ve had one VSS sleeve split out of hundreds I’ve purchased

Back