Record cleaning - what's your method?

The secret with the Squeaky Clean is that it's so compact you can put it in a small storage cube and stick it in a closet.

True but I have trust issues with a thing a guy has 3D printed and sold online and with my own clumsiness and lack of coordination with a vac cleaner that requires manual rotation of the record. It’s the very last option I’ll ever consider 😂

True but I have trust issues with a thing a guy has 3D printed and sold online and with my own clumsiness and lack of coordination with a vac cleaner that requires manual rotation of the record. It’s the very last option I’ll ever consider 😂

pish posh, Joe.

FWIW my valve broke and I contacted Nick to purchase a replacement and he shipped me a free one from Canada.

Thats admirable but there is still no way in hell im buying something that involves me doing 2 different things with different hands when my records are at stake! It’s definitely an interesting home brew solution if you want to experiment and/or save money but it’s not comparable with actual all in one vacuum RCMs.

Thats admirable but there is still no way in hell im buying something that involves me doing 2 different things with different hands when my records are at stake! It’s definitely an interesting home brew solution if you want to experiment and/or save money but it’s not comparable with actual all in one vacuum RCMs.

I mean, aside from the manual turning it’s entirely comparable to other top-mount vacuum systems. Same fluid, same mechanical function. Mine’s given me years of faultless service. I wouldn’t consider upgrading to anything other than an ultrasonic at this point.

Nevertheless, I get where you’re coming from.

That's the advantage of a vacuum cleaning machine. You can clean one record, if that's all you want to do, with just the amount of fluid you need. No worries about wasting a batch of cleaning fluid.
Yeah, I am leaning more toward this general sentiment which means I may have to put it off a bit longer, but I think I'll get more use out of it which is the whole point. Thanks everyone for your suggestion!

That works similar to the Loricraft for a lot less money. I wonder in the come in 120 volt?

I think reading the blurb on analogue seduction it uses 12v D.C. and reading it sounds like it comes with a linear power supply so just substitute the UK IEC for a US IEC.

Is there a general consensus that that the Record Doctor V is a good machine? It's like my records are now mocking me and getting noisier and skippier in some sort of staged coup to get me to buy one of these things sooner than later but $200 is legit about my upper limit for this. That being said, does anyone know what the major benefit of the $300 Record Doctor VI is?

Is there a general consensus that that the Record Doctor V is a good machine? It's like my records are now mocking me and getting noisier and skippier in some sort of staged coup to get me to buy one of these things sooner than later but $200 is legit about my upper limit for this. That being said, does anyone know what the major benefit of the $300 Record Doctor VI is?
The Record Doctor is well regarded so you should be good to go. I haven't really looked at the difference between the V and VI.

Just another note if things seem to be getting noisy... Have you checked your stylus?

The Record Doctor is well regarded so you should be good to go. I haven't really looked at the difference between the V and VI.

Just another note if things seem to be getting noisy... Have you checked your stylus?
Yeah the stylus is only a few months old now. Went from the Ortofon 2M Red to the Blue. So it certainly isn't due to the age/overuse of the stylus. Do you think it could be dirty though?

Yeah the stylus is only a few months old now. Went from the Ortofon 2M Red to the Blue. So it certainly isn't due to the age/overuse of the stylus. Do you think it could be dirty though?
I was more worried about worn but if you're getting more skips it could be dirty or have a fuzz ball. You'd be able to tell right way from a visual inspection.

Back