Record cleaning - what's your method?

Bro go with the Pro

6-12 records at a time

I should note that this is NOT the same brush packaged with the Record Doctor V that I described earlier.
I'm not sure of the difference between them. Never have seen the other.

This one is great for scrubbing detergents into the groove and then I carefully rinse the record under the faucet before going through US.

It's a little tedious but US is not one stop shop for the bin diving.

I'm not sure of the difference between them. Never have seen the other.

This one is great for scrubbing detergents into the groove and then I carefully rinse the record under the faucet before going through US.

It's a little tedious but US is not one stop shop for the bin diving.
The one with the RDV is a cheap plastic affair that's not even worth a photo.

Okay VPI users and similar, what’s the go-to fluid people are using nowadays to clean? Just realized that now that I’m spinning again, I got to get back into cleaning, too 😂

Okay VPI users and similar, what’s the go-to fluid people are using nowadays to clean? Just realized that now that I’m spinning again, I got to get back into cleaning, too 😂
If you don’t want to use a home brew, I’d recommend to go with Tergitol. Tergikleen is the easiest way to do this.

Amazon.com

I like home brews, but not everybody does.

Hmm, looks like Chisto is unavailable for now, and I’m a simple gal, the less steps the better 😂. Guess I’ll stick with my TTVJ for now

Thanks!
If Chisto doesn’t come back, I’ll go back to TTVJ. I bought a fair amount though, so I have plenty of time.

The Ukrainian people have much more to worry about than clean records unfortunately. I hope the war ends soon with Ukraine victorious.

Hmm, looks like Chisto is unavailable for now, and I’m a simple gal, the less steps the better 😂. Guess I’ll stick with my TTVJ for now

Thanks!
TTVJ looks to be as good as any to me!

I've come to the conclusion that one should use the detergent that makes one happy and worry less about the FOMO of the possible range of cleaning fluids. They will likely not differ much in results when used with vacuum cleaners of various sorts, in appropriate concentrations.

Last edited:
Good deal here on VCS2 on eBay U.K.

Back