Naked
Remain In Light
More Songs About Buildings and Food
Fear of Music
Speaking In Tongues
Little Creatures
Naked
True Stories

If the live albums were included, I’d put The Name of This Band is Talking Heads after Remain In Light and Stop Making Sense after Speaking In Tongues

Yo La Tengo

1. And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out
  2. Painful
  3. I Can Hear The Heart Beating As One
  4. Fakebook
  5. I’m Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass
  6. Fade
  7. Popular Songs
  8. Elect-O-Pura
  9. Summer Sun
  10. May I Sing With Me
  11. Ride The Tiger
  12. There’s A Riot Going On
  13. President Yo La Tengo
  14. New Wave Hot Dogs
  15. Stuff Like That There

Talking Heads

1. Remain In Light
  2. Speaking In Tongues
  3. More Songs About Buildings and Food
  4. 77
  5. Fear of Music
  6. Little Creatures
  7. Naked
  8. True Stories

Going through an emo-revival phase right now.

Jeff Rosenstock:
1. Worry.
2. No Dream
3. Post-
4. We Cool?
5. Ska Dream

Joyce Manor:
1. Never Hungover Again
2. Cody
3. Million Dollars to Kill Me
4. Joyce Manor
5. Of All Things I Will Soon Grow Tired

Going through an emo-revival phase right now.

Jeff Rosenstock:
1. Worry.
2. No Dream
3. Post-
4. We Cool?
5. Ska Dream

Joyce Manor:
1. Never Hungover Again
2. Cody
3. Million Dollars to Kill Me
4. Joyce Manor
5. Of All Things I Will Soon Grow Tired

On both artists: I completely agree.

I know I'm in the minority regarding TKOL, but here's my ranking (IR-KA-TKOL are probably fairly interchangeable in the ranking for me). I would say I'm definitely influenced by nostalgia/general feels about the time of my life when some of these were released, which affects how I rank them:

OK computer (I was 20-21 when this came out, had just moved away from my parents to live with my girlfriend at the time)
In Rainbows (1st son had been born several months before this)
Kid A (first time on a major airplane they day this came out, last time on an airplane pre 9/11)
The King of Limbs (wife and I worked at the same company, something sentimental about that for me)
The Bends (got into this after OKC, still reminds me of being that age)
A Moon Shaped Pool (still new to Tucson, this reminds me of that time, 2 adults 2 kids living in a little apartment)
Amnesiac (only time I saw Radiohead was the summer this came out at Grant Park in Chicago)
Hail to the Thief (not a lot of memories associated with this, maybe running in the rain in Portage, Indiana)
Pablo Honey (I'm still not sure I've ever listened to this whole album but I do love You)

Also, I probably listen to OKC and TKOL most often. They have my favorite closing tracks, with The Tourist being my favorite song by them, period.

Laura Marling

1. Once I Was An Eagle
2. Song For Our Daughter
3. Short Movie
4. I Speak Because I Can
5. Semper Femina
6. A Creature I Don’t Know
7. Alas, I Cannot Swim
No matter what your ranking is Once I Was An Eagle has to be first. It’s a masterpiece IMO.

Been a while since I checked out this thread, looks like I missed both the Radiohead and Modest Mouse discussions. I've actually been going through Modest Mouse's catalogue again this week, it's been ages since I did that. List coming soon!

In the meantime, let's get my Radiohead list out there. Up until last year, I've only had limited knowledge around the band. I never got into them for some reason, but last year I decided to rectify that. I went through the whole catalog twice, and listed to a couple of my favorites more than that. They ended up being my most listened to artist in my Spotify Wrapped last year. On to the rankings!

1. OK Computer
2. In Rainbows
3. The Bends
4. Hail to the Thief
5. Amnesiac
6. Pablo Honey
7. Kid A - I recognize that I need several more listens of this one. It's so different from everything else, and a lot of the sounds aren't normally what I go for. I don't dislike it by any means, just feel like I need more time with it to truly understand it.
8. A Moon Shaped Pool
9. King of Limbs

Kid A - I recognize that I need several more listens of this one. It's so different from everything else, and a lot of the sounds aren't normally what I go for. I don't dislike it by any means, just feel like I need more time with it to truly understand it.

I remember I was 17 when it came out and I didn’t get it at all, it was just too weird. It actually took me a few years to give it repeated plays rather than the occasional spin.

As time has passed what I’ve realised it fhat it’s maybe not as mind blowingly revolutionary as I originally thought. The song structures and textures are very much consistent with previous Radiohead but they’re playing with different types of beats and electronic sounds.

Bjork:
Post (first album I had of hers, came out as high school was ending, few albums begin as strong as this one with Army of Me)
Vespertine (good summer memories, always something new to discover, yet I absolutely hate the song Heirloom)
Medúlla (I listened to Ancestors on repeat driving the toll road from Illinois to Indiana after band practice/recording. Triumph of the Heart kind of grates on me, though)
Homogenic (was 21 when this came out, living in Bloomington, Indiana, good memories)
Debut (got into this after Post and Homogenic, I believe, just not quite as strong as those two IMO)
Biophilia (I didn't like this at first, but I come back to it more than the next one in the list)
Vulnicura (really liked this at first, but I don't return to it much)
Utopia (have never really given this a chance)
Volta (liked this at first, but it really soured on my for some reason, though the live DVD is stellar)

Björk
  1. Homogenic
  2. Post
  3. Medúlla
  4. Vespertine
  5. Selmasongs
  6. Debut
  7. Volta

...I haven't really listened to much since Volta. I should probably change that sometime.
Vulnicura is a classic. Definitely give that one a listen first. She broke up with her husband before it came out so it’s definitely a good breakup album.

I remember I was 17 when it came out and I didn’t get it at all, it was just too weird. It actually took me a few years to give it repeated plays rather than the occasional spin.

As time has passed what I’ve realised it fhat it’s maybe not as mind blowingly revolutionary as I originally thought. The song structures and textures are very much consistent with previous Radiohead but they’re playing with different types of beats and electronic sounds.
When I first went through all the albums, I went almost immediately from OK Computer to Kid A, which is a very jarring experience. I didn't know what to expect going in, and the electronic stuff is definitely not what I would normally listen to.

Back