Rank The Albums!

Nah, The Hindu Times for one smokes anything on Shoulder. Go Let It Out is the only song I’d save off it and that’s pretty much a worse retread of Roll With It which was always their worst early period single. Also that tour was the worst I saw them live too, for a band that was always better live they were dogshit on the shoulder tour. Don’t Believe The Truth is probably my favourite late period oasis album and The Importance of Being Idle is probably my favourite late period oasis song.

I agree with you about DBTT. The only time I got to see them was the SOTSOG tour and it was amazing, one of the first gigs I ever went to.

I agree with you about DBTT. The only time I got to see them was the SOTSOG tour and it was amazing, one of the first gigs I ever went to.

Yeah one of my first too at Leeds Festival. The UK tour was notoriously shit for that one. Noel had walked out of the European leg after Liam had questioned his daughters parentage. He came bsck for the UK gigs but atmosphere between them was so shitty on stage that it was never going to be a good gig. I saw them in Manchester on the tours for all the following 3 albums and they were epic, much better!

Just judging by @Joe Mac's posts, Oasis fans seem to hate Oasis more than Weezer fans hate Weezer 😮

Standing on the Shoulder of Giants is just a terrible album. It has no saving grace, if it didn’t have oasis’ name in it the thing wouldn’t have sold a copy. Noel has since admitted that he shouldn’t have made it, was suffering from writers block and had no material that he rated. Went into studio because it had been 3 years since the last one and the label and band were on his back to go into studio and then on tour. He wishes he’d waited for the songs to start coming to him again rather than forcing it. Also Liam’s songwriting debut whilst kinda sweet was shocking, even by oasis standards the lyrics were laughable.

Standing on the Shoulder of Giants is just a terrible album. It has no saving grace, if it didn’t have oasis’ name in it the thing wouldn’t have sold a copy. Noel has since admitted that he shouldn’t have made it, was suffering from writers block and had no material that rated. Went into studio because it had been 3 years since the last one and the label and band were on his back to go into studio and then on tour. He wishes he’d waited for the songs to start coming to him again rather than forcing it.
I've never really gotten into Oasis, nothing against them but I have a feeling I wouldn't really be able to tell good Oasis from bad Oasis 😕

I've never really gotten into Oasis, nothing against them but I have a feeling I wouldn't really be able to tell good Oasis from bad Oasis 😕

And that’s fine, they’re not for everyone and I completely see where some of the criticisms are coming from, even if I don’t agree with them. Their debut for me is their only classic album, I listen to it and it makes me feel more confident, stand taller and walk with a bit of swagger. It has something intangible. It also helps that it’s the album that got me into music as a fan in my own right. The follow up is a good album with great singles. Beyond that they were variously overblown coke heads, forcing an album without any songs and finally a decent bog standard pub rock band with the odd single that hinted at better things in the past and a fantastic live show.

Oh yeah Wilco... I’ve been reevaluating their albums over the past few months because they became one of my son’s favorites bands. The biggest shifts for me have been YHF, Sky Blue Sky, and AM moving up, and Being There going down (the first disc has tons of bangers, but it’s a drag toall the way through the album):

1. Summerteeth
2. A Ghost Is Born
3. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
4. Sky Blue Sky
5. AM
6. Schmilco
7. Ode to Joy
8. Being There
9. The Whole Love
10. Star Wars
11. Wilco (The Album)

Oasis:

1. Definitely Maybe
2. The Masterplan
3. What’s the Story
4. Be Here Now (don’t even try to tell me that there are more albums after this one)

The Beatles:

1. Sgt Pepper’s
2. Magical Mystery Tour
3. Abbey Road
4. Revolver
5. The White Album
6. Let It Be
7. With The Beatles
8. A Hard Day’s Night
9. Beatles For Sale
10. Rubber Soul
11. Please Please Me
12. Help!
(Yellow Submarine is not a proper album, sorry)

Peter Gabriel
1. Melt
2. So
3. Security
4. Us
5. Car
6. Scratch
7. Up
8. Scratch My Back
9. New Blood

The Smiths (I’m including complilations since they only had 4 studio albums)
1. Queen Is Dead
2. Louder Than Bombs
3. The Smiths
4. Hatful of Hollow
5. Meat Is Murder
6. The World Won’t Listen
7. Strangeways Here We Come
8. Rank

Steely Dan
1. Aja
2. Pretzel Logic
3. Countdown to Ecstasy
4. Katy Lied
5. Royal Scam
6. Two Against Nature
7. Gaucho
8. Can’t Buy a Thrill
9. Everything Must Go

Siouxsie & The Banshees
1. Kaleidoscope
2. Juju
3. Tinderbox
4. A Kiss In the Dreamhouse
5. Peepshow
6. Hyaena
7. The Scream
8. Superstition
9. The Rapture
10. Join Hands

Rank the Albums: Christian Rock Legends Edition

Skillet
1. Collide
2. Comatose
3. Alien Youth
4. Invincible
5. Skillet
6. Rise
7. Hey You, I Love Your Soul
8. Unleashed
9. Victorious
10. Awake

Red
1. Of Beauty And Rage
2. End Of Silence
3. Declaration
4. Gone
5. Innocence & Instinct
6. Until We Have Faces
7. Release The Panic

Flyleaf
1. Memento Mori
2. Flyleaf
3. New Horizons
4. Between The Stars

Rank the Albums: The "OG" Christian Rock Legends Edition

The 77's

1. Drowning with Land in Sight
2. 88
3. The 77s
Sticks and Stones
5. Tom Tom Blues
6. Pray Naked
All Fall Down
8. Ping Pong over the Abyss (1982)6.

9. Holy Ghost Building
10. A Golden Field of Radioactive Crows

11. 2000 Late

The Choir

1. Circle Slide
2. Wide-Eyed Wonder
3. Kissers and Killers
4. Chase the Kangaroo
5. de-plumed

6. Diamonds and Rain5.
7. Voices in Shadows
8. Speckled Bird
9. Bloodshot
10. Flap Your Wings
11. O How the Mighty Have Fallen
12. Burning Like the Midnight Sun
13. The Loudest Sound Ever Heard
14. Shadow Weaver
15. Free Flying Soul

Adam Again
1. Dig
2. Perfecta

3. Homeboys
4. Ten Songs by Adam Again
5. In a New World of Time

Stryper

1. Soldiers Under Command
2. The Yellow and Black Attack
3. To Hell with the Devil
4. In God We Trust
I refuse to recognize the rest of the discography....

The Lost Dogs
1. Scenic Routes
2. Little Red Riding Hood
3. Real Men Cry
4. Old Angel
5. The Green Room Serenade, Part One
6. Gift Horse
7. Nazarene Crying Towel
8. MUTT
9. The Lost Cabin and the Mystery Trees
, (2006)

Whiteheart
1. Freedom
2. Emergency Broadcast
3. Don't Wait for the Movie
4. Hotline
5. Vital Signs
6. White Heart
7. Powerhouse
8. Tales of Wonder
9. Highlands
10. Inside
11. Redemption

The Violet Burning
1. Chosen
2. The Story of Our Lives
3. Strength
4. Drop-Dead
5. The Violet Burning
6. Demonstrates Plastic and Elastic
7. Faith and Devotions of a Satellite Heart – (2000, Sovereign Productions)
8. This Is the Moment – (2003, Northern Records)

Joking aside,

Bjork

1) Vespertine
2) Medulla
3) Post
4) Debut
5) Homogenic
6) Vulnicura
7) Biophilla
8) Utopia
9) Volta
Feist

1) The Reminder
2) Let it Die
3) Pleasure
4) Monarch
5) Metals
Julia Holter

1) Loud City Song [favorite album of the decade]​
2) Have You In My Wilderness
3) Aviary
4) Tragedy
5) In the Same Room [live studio album]​
6) Ekstasis

The Beatles:

1. Sgt Pepper’s
2. Magical Mystery Tour
3. Abbey Road
4. Revolver
5. The White Album
6. Let It Be
7. With The Beatles
8. A Hard Day’s Night
9. Beatles For Sale
10. Rubber Soul
11. Please Please Me
12. Help!
Ooh this should be a fun one. I'm all for not even counting Yellow Submarine, it's an EP at best, and even if you count it based on the actual Beatles material, it still comes in dead last for me. Two of the only songs worth hearing can be found on much better albums and of the songs that are exclusive to the album, only "Hey Bulldog" is worth saving to me.

Nice to see a fellow fan of The Choir. For me, Kangaroo is one of the best albums of the 80s, Christian or otherwise, especially the stretch from Consider to Sad Face. Circle Slide and Wide-Eyed Wonder are almost as good. I have most of their other albums, but haven’t spent enough time with them to have an opinion.

I will post my rankings for one of the most controversial Christian bands of their time...

Vengeance (Rising)
1. Human Sacrifice
2. Once Dead
3. Destruction Comes
4. Released Upon the Earth

The Beatles:

1. Sgt Pepper’s
2. Magical Mystery Tour
3. Abbey Road
4. Revolver
5. The White Album
6. Let It Be
7. With The Beatles
8. A Hard Day’s Night
9. Beatles For Sale
10. Rubber Soul
11. Please Please Me
12. Help!
The Beatles:

1. Sgt. Pepper's
2. Revolver
3. The White Album
4. Abbey Road
5. Rubber Soul
6. Magical Mystery Tour
7. A Hard Day's Night
8. Beatles For Sale
9. Let It Be
10. With The Beatles
11. Help!