6. American Doll Posse
7. The Beekeeper
8. Scarlet's walk
9. Strange little girls
10. Native invader
11. Abnormally attracted to sin
12. Night of hunters
13. Unrepentant geraldines

This list started "ok, I get it" and from #6-13 I was "WHAT THE FUCK???". Some hot takes there indeed.
My list would be something like this

From The Choirgirl Hotel
To Venus And Back
Strange Little Girl
Little Earthquakes
Unrepentant Geraldines
Scarlet's Walk
Boys For Pele
Y Kant Tori Read
American Doll Posse
Native Invader
Under The Pink
Night Of Hunters
The Beekeeper
Abnormally Attracted To Sin
Gold Dust
Midwinter Graces

I ranked Leisure last but I quite like it. It is a band who haven’t quite figured themselves out yet and those baggy influences remain. I don’t think there is a mediocre Blur album. It does remind me a bit of Pablo Honey just swapping grunge for baggy. I think I may be the only person on this board who doesn’t think PH is the worst Radiohead album.
Nah, I'm here. The only Radiohead albums I like are Pablo Honey and The Bends 🤷🏼‍♀️

This list started "ok, I get it" and from #6-13 I was "WHAT THE FUCK???". Some hot takes there indeed.
My list would be something like this

From The Choirgirl Hotel
To Venus And Back
Strange Little Girl
Little Earthquakes
Unrepentant Geraldines
Scarlet's Walk
Boys For Pele
Y Kant Tori Read
American Doll Posse
Native Invader
Under The Pink
Night Of Hunters
The Beekeeper
Abnormally Attracted To Sin
Gold Dust
Midwinter Graces

Interesting list. Time for me to re- visit "Unrepentant Geraldines" I guess. Yeah and I forgot to rank "Y kant Tori read". It's a pretty good album actually. I would rank it around the middle of her catalogue, similiar to you.

I think it's amazing you rank "Under the pink" relatively low. So many amazing songs on this: "Cornflake girl", "Past the mission", "Pretty good year", "God", "Baker Baker", "The waitress" (of course), "Space dog", "Yes Anastasia", "Cloud on my tongue", "Icicle", "Bells for her"... It's such a good album in my opinion. 🙂

I desperately tried to do a Gorillaz ranking but it was too hard 🤪

Plastic Beach
Gorillaz
Demon Days
The Now Now
The Fall
Humanz

i think i tried to do a damon albarn ranking on the last board. That was hard!

Now here is where I have some hot takes because I think the one that seems to be everyone else’s favourite is a bloated disjointed mess ruined by too many styles and collaborators...

1. Demon Days
2. Gorillaz
3. The Now Now
4. The Fall
5. Plastic Beach
6. Humanz

Last edited:
Now here is where I have some hot takes because I think the one that seems to be everyone else’s favourite is a bloated disjointed mess ruined by too many styles and collaborators...

1. Demon Days
2. Gorillaz
3. The Now Now
4. The Fame
5. Plastic Beach
6. Humanz

I completely agree with your ranking. I wouldn't say "Plastic beach" or "Humanz" are bad or ruined by any means, but I agree to ranking "Demon Dayz", "Gorillaz", "The Now now" and "The fall" (guess that's meant) the higher ones, and also in this order.

the living end: roll on > the living end > white noise > state of emergency > modern artillery > the ending is just the beginning repeating > shift > wunderbar

1. Demon Days
2. Gorillaz
3. The Now Now
4. The Fall
5. Plastic Beach
6. Humanz

100% on Humanz. I think I have Plastic Beach higher than you, but this list is near spot on as well

"Saturnz Barz" is an absolute banger, but the rest of Humanz is all over the place...needs more 2D.

This should be interesting...

IRON MAIDEN ALBUMS

1. Somewhere In Time
2. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
3. Powerslave
4. Iron Maiden
5. Number of the Beast
6. Piece of Mind
7. Fear of the Dark
8. Killers
9. ANYTHING after 1992
10. No Prayer For The Dying
Hmm...at first blush a pretty different ranking from mine, but I think we agree on most of the rubbish.

1. The Number of the Beast
2. Killers
3. Iron Maiden
4. Piece of Mind
5. Brave New World
6. Powerslave
7. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
8. Somewhere in Time
9. A Matter of Life and Death
[large gap]
10. everything else

I'll bite...
1. Seventh Son
2. Number of the Beast
3. Piece of Mind
4. Brave New World
5. Powerslave
6. Iron Maiden
7. Somewhere In Time
8. Fear of the Dark
9. Killers
10. No Prayer for the Dying
11. Everything else

This is my top 10:

1. Seventh Son
2. Powerslave
3. Iron Maiden
4. Brave New World
5. Number of the Beast
6. Piece of Mind
7. Somewhere in Time
8. Killers
9. Fear of the Dark
10. Dance of Death

Would love to snag Brave New World on vinyl someday... I missed out on it last time it was reissued.

This is my top 10:

1. Seventh Son
2. Powerslave
3. Iron Maiden
4. Brave New World
5. Number of the Beast
6. Piece of Mind
7. Somewhere in Time
8. Killers
9. Fear of the Dark
10. Dance of Death

Would love to snag Brave New World on vinyl someday... I missed out on it last time it was reissued.
Didn't know it went back out of print. I remember being so sad I couldn't find the RSD, and grabbed the repress immediately. Looks like there's a sealed one on Discogs for $36 right now. Thats not much more than what it was.

Didn't know it went back out of print. I remember being so sad I couldn't find the RSD, and grabbed the repress immediately. Looks like there's a sealed one on Discogs for $36 right now. Thats not much more than what it was.
Thanks! I like the album but I don’t $36 like it (well, I do, but because it’s metal I know it wouldn’t get much play in my household). I’ll grab it next time I see it under $30.

Last edited:
Back